Conversations About Science

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Conversations About Science and Physics

Anyone knows about glycolysis , glucokinase , hexokinase , insulin anything about biochemistry ? I need to ask something

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Yeah can you explain the silliness that is the anti-vax movement... Not that I need convincing I just like people who know ripping their arguments to shreds.

Okay , those guys are LITERALLY crazy !!! I mean they say that vaccines might kill someone or cause them disease , but hey it is better to face the weak kind of illness than to deal with the disease itself which might kill!!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Anyone knows about glycolysis , glucokinase , hexokinase , insulin anything about biochemistry ? I need to ask something

I am extremely ignorant on all those.

I can tell you when I was like 14-15 years old, I had a friend who was diabetic and had to inject himself with insulin everyday. One day we looked at insulin under a microscope and saw hundreds of small rods. We figured the small rods probably pricked cells so they would absorb sugar. We also figured the small rods could possible block small capillaries and thought maybe that is what causes vision problems and foot circulation problems in diabetics. That's what we thought back then, but I really have no idea if there is any truth to what we thought back then.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's out of my league. I'm an enthusiast and have general good knowledge but finite details are not area.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Okay , those guys are LITERALLY crazy !!! I mean they say that vaccines might kill someone or cause them disease , but hey it is better to face the weak kind of illness than to deal with the disease itself which might kill!!

Extremism is synonymous with insanity. Both are wholly counterproductive and only achieve discord between people.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

How about high frequency radio emissions transmitted at RMS striking metallic surfaces.
They aren't merely reflected they are retransmitted back to any receiver tuned to detect and decode that particular frequency.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of high frequency energy....😊 All of this Tesla talk put me in the mood to drag out my Tesla Coil for my kiddos to see. Once I get it dusted off, I'll try to post some pictures of it in action. :)

Attachments

• WP_20150209_14_06_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150209_14_06_47_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • WP_20150209_14_33_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150209_14_33_10_Pro.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Anyone ever been to the Institute of Technology in Boston?

We went a number of years ago and were able to sit thru the wonders of electricity in there.
There's 2 very large Tesla coils in there that put on one heck of an impressive display.
Whole thing was pretty spectacular.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Anyone ever been to the Institute of Technology in Boston?

We went a number of years ago and were able to sit thru the wonders of electricity in there.
There's 2 very large Tesla coils in there that put on one heck of an impressive display.
Whole thing was pretty spectacular.

I've never seen those, but there is a large one south of me in Hot Springs, Arkansas, that puts on a nice display as well. I am fascinated by them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Biochemistry and molecular biology were two subjects I hated. I only studied enough to get passing grades and then promptly forgot anything I might have learnt.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon