Conversations About Science

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Conversations About Science and Physics

Keep in mind one thing when posting on this thread. It's a thread about science. Links necessary. Expect points of view. Expect poking holes in statements. We'll do our best to be nice. :p

That's nice enough. Arigato.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Watch the ESA IXV launch

ESA’s Intermediate eXperimental Vehicle is ready for its launch and reentry mission on 11 February. The launch is scheduled for 13:00 GMT (14:00 CET) atop a Vega rocket from Europe’s Spaceport in French Guiana. Streaming starts at 12:45 GMT (13:45 CET)

Watch IXV launch / Launchers / Our Activities / ESA

My father worked for the Space Research Organization, so growing up all launches were a big deal in our house.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

What's controversial about it?

Ask John Thomas Scopes if Darwin was controversial. Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe in Darwin's theory but there are those that don't feel like Creation and Evolution can coexist. It's a shame, but this forum is certainly not the place for that discussion.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ask John Thomas Scopes if Darwin was controversial. Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe in Darwin's theory but there are those that don't feel like Creation and Evolution can coexist. It's a shame, but this forum is certainly not the place for that discussion.
This is a science thread and I'm discussing science. If someone were to object to what I'm discussing I hope for their sake they have good argument skills and evidence to back them up.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Watch the ESA IXV launch

ESA’s Intermediate eXperimental Vehicle is ready for its launch and reentry mission on 11 February. The launch is scheduled for 13:00 GMT (14:00 CET) atop a Vega rocket from Europe’s Spaceport in French Guiana. Streaming starts at 12:45 GMT (13:45 CET)

Watch IXV launch / Launchers / Our Activities / ESA

The ESA launch was successful. We now need the Space X launch to be successful as well.
SpaceX and ESA: Missions complete and pending.

DSCOVR launch was good as well. Need to find out if the satellite deployed fine.
Jump to 19:40 to see the launch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHJSIKP0Hg

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

This is a science thread and I'm discussing science. If someone were to object to what I'm discussing I hope for their same they have good argument skills and evidence to back them up.

If someone were to object there would be 2 people to answer to. Regarding my post, I wrongfully assumed that others outside the US had knowledge of the Monkey Trial which was the basis of my comment. Unfortunately, The Renaissance has not reached our shores yet since there are so many members of the Flat Earth Society among us.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Okay this might be slightly off topic but it does take a lot of planning and engineering to pull something like this off.
The implosion of the Clarion Hotel in Las Vegas.
Take a peek...
Wow! Amazing Drone Footage from Vegas' Latest Implosion! - Miles to Memories

I love going to watch these. I've watched three over the last decade or so. It always leaves me in awe of the power and planning that goes into this kind of a project.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

On the lighter side :grin:

Attachments

• universecartoon.png
    universecartoon.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 6

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I love going to watch these. I've watched three over the last decade or so. It always leaves me in awe of the power and planning that goes into this kind of a project.

Next time you should host a viewing party! I wouldn't mind driving over from LA to watch one of this. Looks pretty cool on video:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs