Conversations About Science

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Those comments were obvious and widespread, when it comes to creation people always argue who did it and how it was done.
On the matter , There is a movie "Man from the Earth", highly recommended .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Origin-of-Life Story May Have Found Its Missing Link

Did you read the comments at the bottom of the article? They were pretty extreme.
Nothing I haven't heard before unfortunately.

I stopped reading after the first 10 comments. I can only take so much of that before it starts to hurt my head.

Sad to think that science has brought technology to ignorant people like that. They unfortunately breed more too...

Thankfully it seems that even in the US that things are slowly changing. A crawl but it's getting better.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Those comments were obvious and widespread, when it comes to creation people always argue who did it and how it was done.
On the matter , There is a movie "Man from the Earth", highly recommended .

I read the synopsis of the movie. Interesting idea. I guess I'd have to watch it to see how it relates to the comments at the article.

I'm more with the science side than any other. I go with the idea, prove to me otherwise and I'll change my mind. Until then I'll stick with science and what it tells me.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I read the synopsis of the movie. Interesting idea. I guess I'd have to watch it to see how it relates to the comments at the article.

I'm more with the science side than any other. I go with the idea, prove to me otherwise and I'll change my mind. Until then I'll stick with science and what it tells me.

I am completely and only into Science . This movie ,however, attacks directly on some die-hard beliefs but its explicitly tagged as fiction movie.
I love this movie because of very very strong script.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am completely and only into Science . This movie ,however, attacks directly on some die-hard beliefs but its explicitly tagged as fiction movie.
I love this movie because of very very strong script.

Oh I wasn't saying anything negative about the movie. It appears to have some good reviews for the reasons you just stated. I plan to see it.

The reactions of the religious people at the article are things I've read for more than a decade now as I researched more into what I think personally. The rants are all the same though. It's like a bad song on repeat that you can't turn off.

I've been a non believer since my mid 20s (I'm mid 40s now) but I took some time to come a resolution in my head about why I think the way I do. So I encountered much of this sort of thing as I researched. It still to this day shocks me and also saddens me when I see people say the same things over and over again as if they need to reaffirm things for themselves.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Oh I wasn't saying anything negative about the movie. It appears to have some good reviews for the reasons you just stated. I plan to see it.

The reactions of the religious people at the article are things I've read for more than a decade now as I researched more into what I think personally. The rants are all the same though. It's like a bad song on repeat that you can't turn off.

I've been a non believer since my mid 20s (I'm mid 40s now) but I took some time to come a resolution in my head about why I think the way I do. So I encountered much of this sort of thing as I researched. It still to this day shocks me and also saddens me when I see people say the same things over and over again as if they need to reaffirm things for themselves.

I know you werent saying anything negative and even then if you dont like movie/concept you can say so :)
I am from ,INDIA, a country where common people or sometimes criminals are considered God. I dont think anyone can be more superstitious than us.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I know you werent saying anything negative and even then if you dont like movie/concept you can say so :)
I am from ,INDIA, a country where common people or sometimes criminals are considered God. I dont think anyone can be more superstitious than us.

I was just clarifying that's all. :)

Though I haven't been to India yet (on the list) I would agree with you and put it on the list as number one of countries in that category. If you were going by 'developed' countries I would put US first (though possibly third or fourth on your list) as that country has a monopoly on superstition... mostly because it makes charlatans rich.

Though in some ways, regardless of the superstitious nature of India, in some ways it's a bit better than the US. Not by much though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire