The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-21-2016 07:13 AM
477 123 ...
tools
    Space and Time into a single Continuum

Last edited by palandri; 02-16-2015 at 05:59 AM.
    02-08-2015 12:51 PM
    Did The Universe Really Begin With a Singularity?

A tale of two big bangs ? Einstein Online
    02-08-2015 01:03 PM
    I see you got your thread started. :)
    02-08-2015 01:44 PM
    I see you got your thread started. :)
    There's a lot to discuss.
    02-08-2015 01:47 PM
    Space and Time into a single Continuum

Excellent video on some mind boggling stuff. :) I love Brian Greene because he takes something as complex as quantum physics and string theory and makes it almost understandable. lol :P
    The video reminded me of the fractal multiverse hypothesis. Interesting ideas.
    Made me think of a neat little time travel book called The Man Who Folded Himself. Similar ideas are found in that book. It's a good read.

Link to the documentary about the origins of the Many-World Hypothesis and Fractals: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/mark-everett.html

A link to a wiki article about The Man Who Folded Himself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Folded_Himself
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 02-08-2015 at 02:44 PM.
    02-08-2015 02:31 PM
    Woohoo another hangout!

I love this type of stuff.
    My mind is a fascinating place...
    02-08-2015 02:35 PM
    .... I love Brian Greene because he takes something as complex as quantum physics and string theory and makes it almost understandable. lol :P....
    He does a great job simplifying things so they are easier to understand. I also really like how Brian Cox (Wonders of the Universe) and Michelle Thaller (How the Universe Works) simplify things.
    02-08-2015 02:53 PM
    He does a great job simplifying things so they are easier to understand. I also really like how Brian Cox (Wonders of the Universe) and Michelle Thaller (How the Universe Works) simplify things.
    I'm right with you on those two. I watched a great Ted Talk with Brian Cox last night.
    On a side note, I recently saw the movie Theory of Everything. I highly recommend it if any of you has not seen it. Probably one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. I think because I respect the guy so much, it was hard watching him deteriorate physically over the course of his life. On the flip side, it was also very inspirational.
    02-08-2015 02:58 PM
    I'll talk about anatomy , histology , cytology, biochemistry 😍 everything medical
    02-08-2015 03:05 PM
    I'm right with you on those two. I watched a great Ted Talk with Brian Cox last night.
    On a side note, I recently saw the movie Theory of Everything. I highly recommend it if any of you has not seen it. Probably one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. I think because I respect the guy so much, it was hard watching him deteriorate physically over the course of his life. On the flip side, it was also very inspirational.
    Great movie and really enjoyed it. I've heard it's not 100% biographical but that didn't bother me. I only wish they would have shown his humour more.
    02-08-2015 03:11 PM
    Great movie and really enjoyed it. I've heard it's not 100% biographical but that didn't bother me. I only wish they would have shown his humour more.
    I read that too, but I didn't care about that too much. I understand that there has to be a little artistic license involved in order to get people to go see it. I am impressed that, even though it was written by his ex wife, she included her faults in the storyline as well as his. Fairly equal representation.
    I agree though, from what I've learned about him, he's a bit of a good humored smart ***. :) Would have been nice to see more of that.
    02-08-2015 03:15 PM
    I'll talk about anatomy , histology , cytology, biochemistry everything medical
    That would be fantastic. I am sure we can all learn from it.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-08-2015 03:17 PM
    I read that too, but I didn't care about that too much. I understand that there has to be a little artistic license involved in order to get people to go see it. I am impressed that, even though it was written by his ex wife, she included her faults in the storyline as well as his. Fairly equal representation.
    I agree though, from what I've learned about him, he's a bit of a good humored smart ***. :) Would have been nice to see more of that.
    The story is taken from his ex-wife's autobiography but the movie does not match it in timeline or information. She was on hand through the filming so she obviously didn't object to the changes.

He's notorious for playing practical jokes and making silly bets.
    02-08-2015 03:20 PM
    So, basically, it was just a movie about a guy who became a scientist, married a girl, feel I'll to a tragic disease, became wildly celebrated, fell out of love with his wife, and changed science forever. lol It was good though. :P
    02-08-2015 03:23 PM
    I'll talk about anatomy , histology , cytology, biochemistry 😍 everything medical
    Might be a question leading to an obvious answer, but are you a med student, doctor, etc??? I definitely would liked to learn more about bacteriology and virology. :)
    02-08-2015 03:25 PM
    So, basically, it was just a movie about a guy who became a scientist, married a girl, feel I'll to a tragic disease, became wildly celebrated, fell out of love with his wife, and changed science forever. lol It was good though. :P
    I know a movie is really good when I can sit there for 2 hours, never lose interest and can't believe that 2 hours has passed by at the end of the movie. Which is how I felt after watching it.
    02-08-2015 03:33 PM
    I know a movie is really good when I can sit there for 2 hours, never lose interest and can't believe that 2 hours has passed by at the end of the movie. Which is how I felt after watching it.
    Agreed. :)
    02-08-2015 03:36 PM
    I'd like to see a film about Nikola Tesla. His legacy has been severely neglected.

All kids in the US learn about Edison in grade school, but I never heard of Tesla until I took university physics.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 02-08-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    02-08-2015 03:36 PM
    I'd like to see a film about Nikola Tesla. His legacy has been severely neglected.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Here's a great one: http://www.pbs.org/tesla/
    :)
    Tesla is remarkably neglected considering what he gave to the world.
    02-08-2015 04:05 PM
    Amazing!
    Wireless phone charging was discovered in 1831...
    02-08-2015 04:08 PM
    Amazing!
    Wireless phone charging was discovered in 1831...
    It really is. He was so far ahead of his time, it's not even funny. Even the rock band Tesla thought so. lol :P
    02-08-2015 04:51 PM
    If this were a blog, I would so subscribe to this. You guys keep up with "This Week in Science" or "I Fu&^ing Love Science"?
    02-08-2015 05:23 PM
    If this were a blog, I would so subscribe to this. You guys keep up with "This Week in Science" or "I Fu&^ing Love Science"?
    I love both of them. Follow them on facebook. Check out ASAP Science too. :)
    02-08-2015 05:33 PM
    Bless those "Ancient Aliens" for the Discovery channel, PBS, TLC and Eric Von Daniken!!
    02-08-2015 05:37 PM
    Bless those "Ancient Aliens" for the Discovery channel, PBS, TLC and Eric Von Daniken!!
    Love the Greek dude with the crazy hair.
    02-08-2015 05:47 PM
477 123 ...