What happen to all the optimism?

78Bytes

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Back in 2011 I bought my first Windows Phone 7 after I attended the Microsoft MIX conference and witnessed what Microsoft had in store for their mobile operating system. It was an exciting time because Microsoft was choosing to break the mold and try something different than its competitors. People were optimistic and excited to be a part of the adventure to make the Windows Phone operating system a strong competitor in the phone market. Microsoft over the years has even allowed us consumers to be a part of their development process to make it even better. They have added numerous features that they had promised us and are constantly improving the experience. Now Microsoft has told us that they plan on unifying the operating system to give us a similar experience across all form factors and has even given us a deeper level of involvement in that process. You would think that with the things Microsoft has done up to this point would make people excited but yet all I see is people complaining that their device isn't supported by the Windows 10 Technical Preview yet, thinking that every decision Microsoft is making is a horrible one, and they know what Microsoft should be doing. We can all see that Microsoft has been listening to consumer input but what many fail to realize is that in every case your voice may not be the strongest and therefore Microsoft is listening to others with a stronger voice. I think many of us need to take a step back and realize that things are not as bad as they seem. We have been given many of the things that we have been promised. Yes, sometimes things didn't turn out as planned but I assure you in no way was it in Microsoft's plans to upset its loyal fan base. If you have taken the time to read this post and you feel like Microsoft has betrayed you then do me a favor, take a step back and look at where things have come from, then tell me if you still feel that way.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Optimists don't always post...
Lots of members here might take an occasional glance over the guardrail into the chasm of doom grin and go right back to being happy.
:wink:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I once read that it takes something like 40 muscles to frown while it takes only 4 to smile. I'm not medically qualified to challenge that statement but it does say something about our race (the human race). People will expend so much more energy on the negative than anything positive or constructive. When was the last time you saw "good" news come from Wolf Blitzer's lips?

In reality, the WP community is still too small to counter the ignorant bloggers who profess their love of all things Android or Apple. Windows 10 is a real threat, make no mistake. You're seeing more and more articles in the unlikeliest of places. Where I come from, that's called putting a shot across their bow.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
It's all relative. Sure the WP community has its share of doom and gloom. However, I listen to the Android Central podcast (and iMore on occasion as well) and you get your fair share of Google and Apple are doomed as well.

78Bytes

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
It's all relative. Sure the WP community has its share of doom and gloom. However, I listen to the Android Central podcast (and iMore on occasion as well) and you get your fair share of Google and Apple are doomed as well.
That's interesting you say that because honestly I hadn't ever crossed over to see how consumers of the other OSs talk about their platform. I just recall people around here being much more excited about things instead of so negative.

Optimists don't always post...
Lots of members here might take an occasional glance over the guardrail into the chasm of doom grin and go right back to being happy.
:wink:
Which leads me to your comment. You are right about that. Is there a place where the optimists do hang out? I'd like to go there.

People don't have patience.
It is definitely a lost skill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes