I have a computer without OS. How to install windows on it?

Spiros Mixailidis

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,I bought a new gaming computer that has no OS. I want to install windows(I don't care which version) on it(windows downloaded from the web) any ideas on how to do it? I'll use another computer to download anything is needed! Thank you!!

fajarlc86

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Take your money, then go to computer/software store, buy the latest windows OS.. Use your another PC to find how to install it, or just youtubing.. :))

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,I bought a new gaming computer that has no OS. I want to install windows(I don't care which version) on it(windows downloaded from the web) any ideas on how to do it? I'll use another computer to download anything is needed! Thank you!!

Just for your information.
You know that downloading an operating system without paying for it is illegal.
We can not prevent this because it is your own business but WC will not actively support illegal activities.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you install a bootleg copy, it will most likely be full of malware. Do yourself a favour and buy a legitimate copy... You'll be much better off in the long run.

And as for cost, Google / Bing it! Lol

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can! For begginers I recommend ubuntu Linux, or better and simpler Lubuntu, it's same ubuntu but with diferent and easier user interface.
You may find it simmilar to Windows phone OS, stable, secure and fast but therewon't be popular software as in Windows. Search on youtube how to install, but it is pretty easy.

Spiros Mixailidis

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
As others suggested better to get OS setup from MS directly...if you are enrolled in dreamspark you get it for free.....if not buy from MS retail stores if u want a legit copy

I'll first install Linux and then buy windows 8 from Microsoft!! Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianoTiger

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 is also free to install... I would say its 100 times better than Linux.

Yes, I would also install the preview (it is free for some time). Linux is also ok, the question is: do you use it for something or only to play around?
Of course you can download also a torrent-ISO, but you probably get some activation errors when you try to use your Windows copy, so if you want a stable version, a Linux distibution would be better.

You can download the Windows 10 preview for free here:
windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

You can try w10 tech preview. It free. You only need another pc

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Just for your information.
You know that downloading an operating system without paying for it is illegal.
We can not prevent this because it is your own business but WC will not actively support illegal activities.
If you know how to search the net and download pirated software, you should also know how to search the internet for genuine software.

Also nobody can tell you how much it will cost in your region.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Linux is free to download and install! Should I install them until I buy a windows disk?

I wouldn't reccomend Linux since it's rather complicated to use if you have no expirience. My suggestion is to go and buy legitimate copy of Windows 8. It's about 150? in my country. When 10 comes to market, you'll be able to update it for free so you are fine for at least 3 years. It's not big cost when you think it that way. 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss