12-08-2016 12:49 PM
60 123
tools
    Hello everyone,I bought a new gaming computer that has no OS. I want to install windows(I don't care which version) on it(windows downloaded from the web) any ideas on how to do it? I'll use another computer to download anything is needed! Thank you!!
    02-21-2015 03:25 AM
    Take your money, then go to computer/software store, buy the latest windows OS.. Use your another PC to find how to install it, or just youtubing.. :))
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-21-2015 04:01 AM
    Yeah. Buy an operating system disk.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-21-2015 04:03 AM
    Yeah. Buy an operating system disk.
    I have a disk with windows 7 on it, but it's downloaded from the web, will it work? If not, how much does it cost to buy a disk (in )
    02-21-2015 04:11 AM
    Hello everyone,I bought a new gaming computer that has no OS. I want to install windows(I don't care which version) on it(windows downloaded from the web) any ideas on how to do it? I'll use another computer to download anything is needed! Thank you!!
    Just for your information.
    You know that downloading an operating system without paying for it is illegal.
    We can not prevent this because it is your own business but WC will not actively support illegal activities.
    02-21-2015 04:15 AM
    If you install a bootleg copy, it will most likely be full of malware. Do yourself a favour and buy a legitimate copy... You'll be much better off in the long run.

And as for cost, Google / Bing it! Lol
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-21-2015 04:15 AM
    I? If not, how much does it cost to buy a disk (in )
    I hope that you know how to use bing or google search. If not iI wonder why you need a pc.
    02-21-2015 04:22 AM
    I hope that you know how to use bing or google search. If not iI wonder why you need a pc.
    Hahaha man I know, don't need to worry ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
    02-21-2015 04:26 AM
    Hey Linux is free to download and install! Should I install them until I buy a windows disk?
    02-21-2015 04:32 AM
    Yes you can! For begginers I recommend ubuntu Linux, or better and simpler Lubuntu, it's same ubuntu but with diferent and easier user interface.
    You may find it simmilar to Windows phone OS, stable, secure and fast but therewon't be popular software as in Windows. Search on youtube how to install, but it is pretty easy.
    02-21-2015 04:38 AM
    As others suggested better to get OS setup from MS directly...if you are enrolled in dreamspark you get it for free.....if not buy from MS retail stores if u want a legit copy
    I'll first install Linux and then buy windows 8 from Microsoft!! Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by a5cent; 02-21-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: removed reference to illegal activity
    02-21-2015 05:40 AM
    Windows 10 is also free to install... I would say its 100 times better than Linux.
    SpaceyO and Spiros Mixailidis like this.
    02-21-2015 06:01 AM
    Windows 10 is also free to install... I would say its 100 times better than Linux.
    Yes, I would also install the preview (it is free for some time). Linux is also ok, the question is: do you use it for something or only to play around?
    Of course you can download also a torrent-ISO, but you probably get some activation errors when you try to use your Windows copy, so if you want a stable version, a Linux distibution would be better.

You can download the Windows 10 preview for free here:
    windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
    02-21-2015 06:35 AM
    Win10 is still a preview
    02-21-2015 06:41 AM
    Well I agree with you, but it's still in preview!
    02-21-2015 06:56 AM
    You can try w10 tech preview. It free. You only need another pc
    02-21-2015 07:08 AM
    You can try w10 tech preview. It free. You only need another pc
    Its free for now but after it reaches RTM he should get a legitimate copy :(
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-21-2015 07:49 AM
    Write your own OS
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-21-2015 08:16 AM
    Just for your information.
    You know that downloading an operating system without paying for it is illegal.
    We can not prevent this because it is your own business but WC will not actively support illegal activities.
    If you know how to search the net and download pirated software, you should also know how to search the internet for genuine software.

Also nobody can tell you how much it will cost in your region.
    02-21-2015 08:53 AM
    Hey Linux is free to download and install! Should I install them until I buy a windows disk?
    I wouldn't reccomend Linux since it's rather complicated to use if you have no expirience. My suggestion is to go and buy legitimate copy of Windows 8. It's about 150 in my country. When 10 comes to market, you'll be able to update it for free so you are fine for at least 3 years. It's not big cost when you think it that way. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    02-21-2015 09:03 AM
    Theres nothing illegal about downloading an Operating system....if it requires a serial key,then you need to buy one when your up and running

If your a student,you can get windows embedded 8.1 for free at dreamspark.....or win10 TP for free.....or you can install a Linux free OS ....like Ubuntu

.....since you want to game though.....if your not a student....then you should just buy win8.1 or use the free winTP
    02-21-2015 09:15 AM
    It seems so complicated ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ got any YouTube video to help do what you said ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ thank you for your time!
    That is NOT complicated - if you ' ... started studying computer only 3 months ago ... ' and you can't follow those simple directions, perhaps you need (to pay) someone to do it for you.

I'm gonna assume your assembled computer powers on?
    You've shaken it out, everything works?

Most of what you've gotten is good advice, don't shoot the messenger. If your first reaction is those simple instructions are too complicated, you may be hard pressed to get an OS running on it. We only have your words to go by & I'm not very confident based on those words. You simply have to try those simple instructions, they may work ...

BTW - don't blame the instructions, if your PC doesn't boot up. There are many things that can go wrong with a home made computer. (hopefully, all the components are compatible)
    You can search (Google / Bing) the instructions, yourself & decide what is right for you (I got lots of hits w video).

Conan143 nailed it as far as directions.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-21-2015 09:29 AM
    I wish it.i don't like the way you talk. Don't even want to talk to you bb.(I started studying computer only 3 months ago)
    Be calm ๐Ÿ˜‚
    , there's always the way, good luck ๐Ÿ˜
    Spiros Mixailidis likes this.
    02-21-2015 09:43 AM
    Thank you my friends for your time! I found a way to install windows 7 through a cd ๐Ÿ’ฟ! After installing it I'll get windows 8 for 150! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    princeegli and Ken Howells1 like this.
    02-21-2015 10:55 AM
    That is NOT complicated - if you ' ... started studying computer only 3 months ago ... ' and you can't follow those simple directions, perhaps you need (to pay) someone to do it for you.

I'm gonna assume your assembled computer powers on?
    You've shaken it out, everything works?

Most of what you've gotten is good advice, don't shoot the messenger. If your first reaction is those simple instructions are too complicated, you may be hard pressed to get an OS running on it. We only have your words to go by & I'm not very confident based on those words. You simply have to try those simple instructions, they may work ...

BTW - don't blame the instructions, if your PC doesn't boot up. There are many things that can go wrong with a home made computer. (hopefully, all the components are compatible)
    You can search (Google / Bing) the instructions, yourself & decide what is right for you (I got lots of hits w video).

Conan143 nailed it as far as directions.
    The problem is that I'm a bit afraid of using something not genuine on my new computer, it's expensive and I don't want to break something!
    02-21-2015 10:58 AM
60 123