DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Really off topic here but this is the only forum app I have on my phone so here it goes.
I bought a guitar from my guitar teachers shop(she just teaches violin there I think, she has no clue what a guitar is I feel like lol) and it broke a few months ago(I bought it in August for the class because she said we need an acoustic, I only had an electric). Anywho, a string broke in November/December and I brought it to guitar center to get new strings and restring it and the guy there said the guitar's bridge was warped(I also asked my cousin and he agreed, he's been playing for 10 years). And so I've been using one of the school guitars since(which you're supposed to pay 100$ to rent, but we were halfway through the school year, and I was pissed about her crap shop). Today she brought it up rather rudely in tone saying I should get my own(I've told her about money problems and my mum has emailed her). So I was wondering if she could actually force me(or others) to go buy an acoustic guitars only(even if we have an electric, just we wouldn't be able to use amps)? I live in Arizona in the US.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Why does she specifically only want you to use acoustic guitars? Surely if you've got an electric guitar without an amp you can still learn from it in the same way?

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Why does she specifically only want you to use acoustic guitars? Surely if you've got an electric guitar without an amp you can still learn from it in the same way?

I have no idea, and I also know that she doesn't as well as the rest of the class, she also doesn't let us use capos. And yes acoustic and electric are pretty much the exact same(aside from some advance techniques) when it comes to learning

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos