This is getting ridiculous. Is this dress black/blue or white/gold?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just found out about that.

Its a weird phenomenon where the dress seems to change color, ir at least be different colors in different situations. I've seen it white and gold, blue and gold on my phone and black and blue, blue and gold on my laptop.

I think someone explained it as pertaining to our eyes. it's weird, but a thing, believe me.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
On my phone, it's White and Gold. But it seems those who say it's blue and black are those viewing it on PCs so later I'll take a look at the damn dress from my PC and see what colour. But really, it's a weird phenomenon.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get how people are seeing white. I mean, I can see how the grainy pic + the bright light in the back can make the black appear gold, but I just can't get my brain to see white. Even if the white balance is turned way up, it still just looks like a faded blue.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get how people are seeing white. I mean, I can see how the grainy pic + the bright light in the back can make the black appear gold, but I just can't get my brain to see white. Even if the white balance is turned way up, it still just looks like a faded blue.

You can't really "get it" it just appears dramatically different depending.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You can't really "get it" it just appears dramatically different depending.

But even though I see it as black, I'm able to see why some people might think its gold. If I focus on certain parts of it, I can see the gold. I can't do anything to see white.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
but yea, somehow it can appear white and gold (one color scheme doesnt even resemble the other) - I saw it once, but only once.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It IS black and blue in real life. But I see both depending on what screen use. It is the way our eyes are set up. They are filtering out certain common wavelengths of light, in order to process the colours. Apparently, Monet played around with similar trickery in his paintings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa