Google taking over city (satire)

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is obviously a joke, but could you imagine what would happen if Google took over a city? Would they ban the use of all Microsoft products? Make it illegal to sell Windows Phones within the city? I would have to sell my house! I don't think I could ever live under Google's leadership.
Pittsburgh Set to Become First City Run by Google | Breaking Burgh
I just had to share. I can't believe someone made a joke of the company we all hate taking over my city!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
When I first saw the headline, I assumed that it meant that the city has chosen Google Apps for Work or whatever they call them instead of Microsoft services. Then I read the article and realized it was something more than that but obviously couldn't be true and later also noticed that the site itself is a satire site. Google has a huge market value, $373 Billion as of November 2014, so it would be financially feasible but I could only imagine how scary it would be to be living under Google's dictatorship. Incidentally, Microsoft's market value as of November 2014 is $401 Billion. We all think of Google being much bigger but in reality they are comparable in size. I guess Google focuses more on advertising and consumer products while Microsoft focuses more on business services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)