05-05-2015 09:24 PM
87 1234
tools
    Why in the HELL would you need to transfer funds while at a sports event??? Put down your phone! https://vine.co/v/O9Ore12QzHQ
    Geddeeee likes this.
    03-12-2015 03:58 PM
    Why in the HELL would you need to transfer funds while at a sports event??? Put down your phone! https://vine.co/v/O9Ore12QzHQ
    Hahahahah
    03-12-2015 04:28 PM
    Why do people "need" to check facebook or twitter form their phone? Or check email from their phone? Or even make phone calls on the go?

These are smartphones, old man. They exist and people do have certain expectations regarding what they can do with them.

Perhaps his example of sporting events was a poor one, but I can imagine many scenarios where having access to my accounts while away from my computer would be helpful. It doesn't take much imagination.
    03-12-2015 05:10 PM
    You mean this? I don't have an account here to log on but maybe they have not got to Vegas yet.
    Attachment 99541
    If you had an account, you'd find that you couldn't log on with it. I can get to the site on WP8.1.1, but can't login.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-12-2015 05:25 PM
    If you had an account, you'd find that you couldn't log on with it. I can get to the site on WP8.1.1, but can't login.
    Correct. It doesn't let me log in. I'll be switching bank soon.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-12-2015 05:57 PM
    I've done it before, Why ? Because I didn't take my personal Debit card one night, I just had the Joint account (main household account) card on me, at a Red Sox game (yea, in Boston), so I used my phone to pull funds from my personal account to transfer to my Joint account, just to make sure, as my wife balances that account, and it some times run tight (and beers at a Rex Sox game are $8 each, so it adds up quick). Yes, a VALID reason for transferring money at a sports event.

It's modern ages old man, with LTE on our phones, I expect to be able to do anything on my phone that I can do on my computer from a web browser at least. So yes, banking.

Now, this could be a IE 11 issue, There are a few other browsers in the Marketplace, has anyone tried some others to see if they work with BOA ?

There has to be a work-a-round for this, with another browser or a 3rd party app (would like to avoid that for security reasons)

As switching is an idea, every where I go, there is a BOA, so access is easy for the most part, and something like Ally bank wont work as I do consulting time to time and get paid in cash, I cant put that money in the bank, it's pointless.

I need a workaround or to find a different phone :(

BOA F'n sucks for doing this to us....
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-12-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    Stiv X, RumoredNow and neo158 like this.
    03-12-2015 07:53 PM
    Not going to read this thread, but you guys found out that you can access the site easily by clicking full site right?
    03-12-2015 08:02 PM
    No surprise that when they cut off WP app, they cut off mobile browser access that uses the user agent string of windowsphone as the app also used a webclient agent that identified as windowsphone in its UA. So switching to desktop mode should work as it modifies the UA string.
    03-12-2015 08:23 PM
    I can do everything I could do in the app except mobile check deposit.
    03-12-2015 08:25 PM
    I can do everything I could do in the app except mobile check deposit.
    From what others have said, even the desktop site is not functional on IE for phone. Besides, saying you can do everything buy mobile check deposit seems a little like saying "Hey! I can do everything on ESPN's mobile site...except see scores." It's kind of an essential function for that business.
    03-13-2015 08:24 AM
    From what others have said, even the desktop site is not functional on IE for phone. Besides, saying you can do everything buy mobile check deposit seems a little like saying "Hey! I can do everything on ESPN's mobile site...except see scores." It's kind of an essential function for that business.

Incorrect. Desktop version works fine on my Lumia 1520. And I would consider being able to view balances and make transfers to be a more essential function to that business considering we live in an age where checks are on their way out.
    03-13-2015 08:30 AM
    Correct, except mobile check deposit was far and away the most useful function of the mobile app. It was so cool not to have to schlep to the bank because you had a check to deposit.
    03-13-2015 10:09 AM
    REALLY?!? Have you seen the price of hotdogs at these events? Yeah, might need to transfer some from savings to cover it. LOL.
    Likwidz, neo158 and xandros9 like this.
    03-13-2015 10:38 AM
    Is BoA obligated to provide you with an app? Actually, they have 2 apps available. It's you who is choosing to not be able to use one of them.
    really? "it's YOU"
    YOU???

there WAS an App from them few days ago, and THEY decided to remove it. so you say the customer has to switch to other platform only becuase they decided to stop offering the App and automatically that makes a person "you are the one not choosing"?? haha please.... that way of thinking....

It seems you really live on a cloud if you think that's true... and I feel sorry for you, really sorry for you.

Also Banks are the worst criminals ever, all they do, it's not like "oh this App costs too much to do... I will stop it" probably their newspaper ad or their tv ad, or even their YouTube ad, costs more than developing an App. also these apps are free, so they are technically losing money anyway, only because you have an iPhone or Android Phone, it doesn't mean people will use it. and it doesn't mean everyone who has an Android will have an account on BoA. the apps are free, so what "they stop it if it won't pay" garbage are you saying? that's just an excuse, to excuse stupid companies for not releasing apps or stop supporting apps.

but hey, I am glad every developer on Windows Phone is rich, richer than corrupt banks and that's why they bring their apps though on WP! ^_________^
    03-13-2015 10:43 AM
    Yes, BoA actively and intentionally screwed over there WP customers. That is absurd for any bank to do. Customers wants convenience. Why take away any convenience from any customer? I don't get it.

I suppose you could just link your bank account with PayPal and use PP.
    RumoredNow and neo158 like this.
    03-13-2015 10:52 AM
    So, I tried the Full Website (go to the mobile site, go to the bottom of the page, select "Full Site"), this worked fine, I was able to log in, transfer funds, see balances, etc, everything that you can do from your desktop.

There was a l lot of "pinch and zoom" but, it did work. Not a fix but, for sure a work-a-around for now.

This still blows, F U Bank Of America for screwing your customers like this.
    RumoredNow and wpn00b like this.
    03-14-2015 01:07 PM
    The workaround is ok but why shouldn't the mobile version work? I tried to log in just now and it doesn't let me press "Continue" after typing my username.

Tweeted bofa Help about it and they said to call Technical Support.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-14-2015 08:12 PM
    Yup!

Was pissed about the mobile app being pulled but was willing to be patient assuming they would release an app for win 10 since it would run across all devices. So I see the mobile app is officially completely pulled and with a big heavy sigh I pin the mobile login page to my start and proceed to login and as others here have experienced, it doesn't work.

That's it!! I just opened my Ally account. Easy peasy online in minutes. Suggest you do the same.

Bank of America, you may suk it.

#bankofamerica #bofasuks
    Last edited by daThomas; 03-14-2015 at 11:16 PM.
    RumoredNow, Stiv X, wpn00b and 2 others like this.
    03-14-2015 10:58 PM
    It seems to be working. I can login to the mobile version today

Edit: Not working again...!
    Last edited by wpn00b; 03-17-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    03-16-2015 02:13 PM
    I'm not informed enough to know how to tell, but do these sites still "look" for IE and serve a different website? From what I've heard, IE could render the mobile page properly and that is why the "like Gecko" just string exists.
    03-17-2015 06:16 PM
    Don't have a mobile app to access my accounts. Never had the need. But I support any type of bad press and customer service complaints against any bank or business that leaves WP out in the cold.
    RumoredNow, neo158 and wpn00b like this.
    03-17-2015 07:10 PM
    Don't have a mobile app to access my accounts. Never had the need. But I support any type of bad press and customer service complaints against any bank or business that leaves WP out in the cold.
    What makes WP any different from Firefox os and Blackberry who also have low market share?
    03-18-2015 12:29 PM
    What makes WP any different from Firefox os and Blackberry who also have low market share?

If I used and supported those phone OS then I'd have the same point of view. Not hard to figure out.
    RumoredNow and neo158 like this.
    03-18-2015 12:32 PM
    The difference is which OS a person is a fan of.
    neo158 likes this.
    03-18-2015 12:32 PM
    I find the current situation to be unfair and deceptive. When I signed for my account I expected the same services as any other customer especially since I am paying the same price for those services. I believe this this represents a breach of contract and can be taken to court or to arbitration either of which would be costly for the bank to fight. Of course, there is no obligation for the bank to provide any app but the point here is that they do provide an app and it is limited to only a subset of customers paying the same amount. If they chose to decrease the monthly fee for those who don't have an app available that could be an equitable solution. In any case I'm definitely thinking of filing suit for breach of contract or initiate arbitration. BOA will have to respond to the complaint. Arbitration is even more fun because it will cost them a bundle through consumer arbitration.
    03-18-2015 01:00 PM
87 1234