05-05-2015 09:24 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    As an employee of a bank, banks are always looking at cutting costs and maximizing RoI for shareholders. Switch to full site view rather than mobile, and it should work.

It could be worse. They could leave the app up and have pissed off customers as it slowly stops working because of OS upgrades. Look how bad the reviews are for the BlackBerry 10 BoA app

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ode=US&lang=en

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-2015 01:19 PM
    As an employee of a bank, banks are always looking at cutting costs and maximizing RoI for shareholders. Switch to full site view rather than mobile, and it should work.

It could be worse. They could leave the app up and have pissed off customers as it slowly stops working because of OS upgrades. Look how bad the reviews are for the BlackBerry 10 BoA app

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ode=US&lang=en

Wait... BlackBerry has an app?! This isn't about market share at all then now is it?
    thomasOmorrell likes this.
    03-18-2015 08:32 PM
    Wait... BlackBerry has an app?! This isn't about market share at all then now is it?
    When all the users complain it doesn't work properly and the last update was summer 2014, then effectively they don't have an app worth downloading.

If BoA was as smart as my employer, a CDN bank, they would build a universal HTML5 app.

03-18-2015 09:11 PM
    Wow. Just wow. Check this out:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/online...anking-apps.go

Click on Windows. They don't even mention bank by phone or mobile web like the other options. Why wouldn't that work? Does everyone else really just want Windows itself to die?

Microsoft is the red-headed stepchild for some odd reason. Everyone says they want innovation but everywhere Microsoft turns they are shunned for doing things differently. Companies completely turn their backs in favor of non-standard compliant browsers and devices that continuously break due to updates or shoddy build quality (S5 charging port cover, S3/4/5 "slow charging" when using the stock charger, and Apple lightning port just ceasing to charge randomly...BTW these are software issues not hardware in referring to). Windows phone is incredibly stable but because of the new economy of apps it doesn't get a chance. This is sad.

I'm sticking with it but I can't believe that Bank of America won't even allow it to use the website or phone (supposedly).

I'm paying off my credit card and closing my savings ASAP. Writing them to let them know as well. I'll post here when it happens.
    Last edited by wpn00b; 03-19-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-18-2015 11:07 PM
    I just discovered I can access BOA Mobile Website with Surfy Browser. Works fine.
    03-26-2015 12:31 PM
    Hey, BoA mobile works now on stock WP browser. Discovered this when going to desktop site as usual, but this time was taken to mobile site. Their HTML5 site is pretty good!
    04-15-2015 07:15 AM
    Wait a minute. Doesn't work now. Perhaps they are testing it. This is where I was redirected earlier. https://staticweb.bankofamerica.com/...mon/index.html but doesn't work now.
    wpn00b likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:26 AM
    I just switched to wells Fargo and I'm in the process of switching over my accounts and direct deposits.

BofA is full of ****. They also canceled the Windows 8.1 desktop app. The desktop version has significant market share. Well, you may say that usage is low on Windows platforms since I'll counter by saying that many people who own the device don't use the app. My response is that how will they know if it using advertised? You pull up to sun atm around all you see is iPhone, iPhone, iPhone. That's usually a sign of the old fogies in management thinking that the world revolves around Apple. Then the mobile site not working and then being disabled was the last straw. I was pissed but was too lazy to go through the effort to switch banks.

But lo and behold, Wells Fargo offered me $100 to open an account. No-brainer. Plus I have my mortgage and car note with them as well. On top of that they have a Windows app. They don't find it a pain to support three platforms. They are forward thinkers. They realize the advantages of having a foothold in every market because today's market leader can be tomorrow's market loser around vice versa.

B of A is just on Apple's jock, that's what that's about. I'm done with them. Blocking mobile access was the last straw.
    Stiv X and wpn00b like this.
    04-17-2015 06:25 AM
    Why bank in US like this?

In my country we have our bank apps. Which never had update. Assuming the UI change without apps updates they should do it from server side update
    wpn00b likes this.
    04-17-2015 06:47 AM
    Hey, BoA mobile works now on stock WP browser. Discovered this when going to desktop site as usual, but this time was taken to mobile site. Their HTML5 site is pretty good!
    Seems like it is going to desktop only for me:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/homepa...Redirect=false
    05-04-2015 11:44 PM
    Any bank that is so shortsighted as to not promote business to Windows users, doesn't deserve the business of Windows Users.
    wpn00b and princeegli like this.
    05-05-2015 08:52 AM
    Any bank that is so shortsighted as to not promote business to Windows users, doesn't deserve the business of Windows Users.
    I have only a credit card left with them. I'm about to pay it off next month. I'm not closing it, but will let them know I no longer intend to use it and give them interest over this. My interest payments are sufficient reason for maintaining an app for Windows.
    Stiv X likes this.
    05-05-2015 09:24 PM
87 ... 234