Bank of America actively blocking WP from mobile website?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
re:

So no internet banking even from desktop....that's BS big time...They basically says use google or safari....browser

I would be out of their stup1d bank so fast if I was using it.....

anyone tried using the google browser from their phone to see if it would work???

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
re:

Can't you use your computer? Or just go to the actual bank? People are freaking beyond lazy it's unbelievable. The things that people complain about.... be glad you don't have something worth complaining about!

ImSoWade

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
re:

Can't you use your computer? Or just go to the actual bank? People are freaking beyond lazy it's unbelievable. The things that people complain about.... be glad you don't have something worth complaining about!

Whats lazy about wanting to access your bank account from your "smartphone" ??? If I'm at a sports event with no way to access a computer or bank and need to check my account to transfer funds (or check my balance) I would simply take advantage of the capabilities of my smartphone. Its 2015 and technology makes life easier.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

Well, there is not computers that I can use or trust at work; the closest BoA is 20 from my work and 10 from my house. So yes I can use my PC when I am home. But I would like to see what's going on in my accounts once in awhile while I am working the 3rd shift. And if you as an institution do not care about that, why would I give you my business?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
re:

Doesn't anyone read the windowscentral news? Yesterdays news.

The BOA said customers can continue to use the mobile web site. However it appears that Bank of America's mobile website does not work with Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Phones.
Bank of America ends support for its Windows Phone and Windows apps | Windows Central

Maybe you should understand what this thread is about before posting because this is exactly what we're talking about. If you read the thread first then you would know that SteveBor1 stated:

I just spoke to a rep and she confirmed that as of 3/10 the discontinue mobile web access for Windows Phone. So yes, they are blocking WP users.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

So no internet banking even from desktop....that's BS big time...They basically says use google or safari....browser

I would be out of their stup1d bank so fast if I was using it.....

anyone tried using the google browser from their phone to see if it would work???
I can access BofA from desktop IE 10 and 11.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

Why in the HELL would you need to transfer funds while at a sports event??? Put down your phone! https://vine.co/v/O9Ore12QzHQ
Why do people "need" to check facebook or twitter form their phone? Or check email from their phone? Or even make phone calls on the go?

These are smartphones, old man. They exist and people do have certain expectations regarding what they can do with them.

Perhaps his example of sporting events was a poor one, but I can imagine many scenarios where having access to my accounts while away from my computer would be helpful. It doesn't take much imagination.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
re:

Why in the HELL would you need to transfer funds while at a sports event??? Put down your phone! https://vine.co/v/O9Ore12QzHQ

I've done it before, Why ? Because I didn't take my personal Debit card one night, I just had the Joint account (main household account) card on me, at a Red Sox game (yea, in Boston), so I used my phone to pull funds from my personal account to transfer to my Joint account, just to make sure, as my wife balances that account, and it some times run tight (and beers at a Rex Sox game are $8 each, so it adds up quick). Yes, a VALID reason for transferring money at a sports event.

It's modern ages old man, with LTE on our phones, I expect to be able to do anything on my phone that I can do on my computer from a web browser at least. So yes, banking.

Now, this could be a IE 11 issue, There are a few other browsers in the Marketplace, has anyone tried some others to see if they work with BOA ?

There has to be a work-a-round for this, with another browser or a 3rd party app (would like to avoid that for security reasons)

As switching is an idea, every where I go, there is a BOA, so access is easy for the most part, and something like Ally bank wont work as I do consulting time to time and get paid in cash, I cant put that money in the bank, it's pointless.

I need a workaround or to find a different phone :(

BOA F'n sucks for doing this to us....

Last edited:

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
re:

Not going to read this thread, but you guys found out that you can access the site easily by clicking full site right?

Bryon Burns

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
re:

No surprise that when they cut off WP app, they cut off mobile browser access that uses the user agent string of windowsphone as the app also used a webclient agent that identified as windowsphone in its UA. So switching to desktop mode should work as it modifies the UA string.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

I can do everything I could do in the app except mobile check deposit.

From what others have said, even the desktop site is not functional on IE for phone. Besides, saying you can do everything buy mobile check deposit seems a little like saying "Hey! I can do everything on ESPN's mobile site...except see scores." It's kind of an essential function for that business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro