Is this PC build ok for 4K video editing?

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I need a new PC for 4K compositing, editing, and a little 3d rendering. I need to be able to run the following in 4K, smoothly:
-DaVinci Resolve
-Adobe Premiere
-Adobe After Effects
-Nuke
-Adobe Photoshop

Do you think that this PC: Intel Xeon E5-2687W V3, EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Z, Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) - System Build - PCPartPicker is good for 4K editing? Is the GTX Titan Z not overkill? And what about the CPU?
I feel like a 3 year old when it comes to this kind of stuff...

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Well I don't really know anything about Xeon processors and video editing. But by your thinking, if you are 3 years old, I'm not even born yet.

sent from my LUMIA 920

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I need a new PC for 4K compositing, editing, and a little 3d rendering. I need to be able to run the following in 4K, smoothly:
-DaVinci Resolve
-Adobe Premiere
-Adobe After Effects
-Nuke
-Adobe Photoshop

Do you think that this PC: Intel Xeon E5-2687W V3, EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Z, Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) - System Build - PCPartPicker is good for 4K editing? Is the GTX Titan Z not overkill? And what about the CPU?
I feel like a 3 year old when it comes to this kind of stuff...

Jeepers if you can afford it then of course! Xeon processor is a little overkill though (an i7 will usually do the job)

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Jeepers if you can afford it then of course! Xeon processor is a little overkill though (an i7 will usually do the job)
Ok, Thanks, I'il look into that :)

About financing, hopefully, it will be by an Indiegogo campaign I'm going to run, for an independent film I'm preparing (and have been so for the last two months). I'm busy doing a gear list, and I doubt I can edit, composite, and colorgrade a 4K film with my adorable i3, Radeon HD 5450, and 6GB of RAM...

Here is a little out of focus teaser for that project (look at the image, while listening to this: https://soundcloud.com/andrew-forker/two-steps-from-hell-blackheart ):
Teaser.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs