Does Anyone miss Symbian?

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I kinda do.Looking back I've owned only two symbian smartphones one being Nokia 5230 running S60 5th edition and other being Nokia 500 running Symbian Belle. I enjoyed my time using both those phones and looking back at so many features it had that even Windows Phone today has not been able to match fully like a full fledged file manager for instance among other things.
Since then I've owned Lumia 520 and Moto E and while both have been great, there is still something i miss about Symbian.I wish it was still around. Does anyone feel the same?

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I do miss the old Nokia + Symbian combination.. My 6630 and my N80 are probably the best phones I've ever owned. But I think Symbian would have needed way more development in order to keep up with the competition, the 5xxx series was terrible in my opinion.. Meego looked kinda promising but we all know how it ended..

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have also used Symbian over the years, Belle was definitely the best version. It was very light on system resources. I would loved to have seen it running on some of today's quad core chipsets.

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
No Operating System could have beat it had nokia understood the importance of touch smartphones and improved the OS much faster

natan man

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I had 5800 and I miss him, because Symbian OS was the best for me. I used to flash him all the time and l got alot of things that I don't have on my L820 and on my family's Android phones.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I miss everything about Symbian, and I absolutely loved Belle. I miss my 5800XM and my N8. I remember porting most of Symbian Belle features to my 5800 and went to sell it, the dude at the store was shocked. I miss X-Plore, I miss PowerMP3, I miss the most played playlist in the Music Player, omg...
Now WP is all screwed up. :(

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa