Netflix New Zealand

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Just letting any fellow Kiwis know that since the 24th of March Netflix has been available to us 😊 sorry if there has already been a post about this 👅

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just letting any fellow Kiwis know that since the 24th of March Netflix has been available to us �� sorry if there has already been a post about this ��

Yaaaasss more fellow Kiwis on this forum!!! I got Netflix on the day :p unfortunately for now it's missing a lot more content vs. when I had the US Netflix via a VPN

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the content will come though and there is enough to keep me happy for now. Me and my partner had a little laugh about Vodafone last night they are now advertising Netflix and Sky 👅

Last edited:

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It's understandable that there is no content from your country yet as your broadcasting companies will have exclusive deals with the owners of such shows. For example, Game of Thrones (i know its not a new zealand show) in New Zealand is exclusively on SoHo and maybe later on on one of the free to air channels. Give shows like these time and the contracts holding them to such channels and networks will run out and Netflix will most like rush to get them. So just be patient all the shows and movies you want will eventually make it to Netflix.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It's understandable that there is no content from your country yet as your broadcasting companies will have exclusive deals with the owners of such shows. For example, Game of Thrones (i know its not a new zealand show) in New Zealand is exclusively on SoHo and maybe later on on one of the free to air channels. Give shows like these time and the contracts holding them to such channels and networks will run out and Netflix will most like rush to get them. So just be patient all the shows and movies you want will eventually make it to Netflix.

Agreed. Also Netflix is VERY big, hopefully big enough to outbid Sky over broadcasting rights. They've had a monopoly on everything in NZ for far too long...

gir_wireless

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
A. This is WINDOWS Central
B. Never even heard of Semble...

While US residents grieve for the loss of Softcard on Windows Phone, NZ have Semble. At the moment only Android is supported, but the good news is Windows Phone and Apple Pay will be supported as well. The only reason Android is supported is because of user base.

P.S. Semble launches today. You'll need to get a new SIM card if you want to use NFC payment. Probably better to get one now so you'll be ready to use it when support for WP launches.

P.P.S. I'm an engineer in telecommunications in NZ.

semble.co.nz/

P.P.P.S. It's gonna be a good year for NZ, new techs and stuff.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
While US residents grieve for the loss of Softcard on Windows Phone, NZ have Semble. At the moment only Android is supported, but the good news is Windows Phone and Apple Pay will be supported as well. The only reason Android is supported is because of user base.

P.S. Semble launches today. You'll need to get a new SIM card if you want to use NFC payment. Probably better to get one now so you'll be ready to use it when support for WP launches.

P.P.S. I'm an engineer in telecommunications in NZ.

semble.co.nz/

P.P.P.S. It's gonna be a good year for NZ, new techs and stuff.

I wonder what happens if you go get a payment SIM anyways... I suppose you'd need the supporting app for Semble to load the cards onto the secure element?

gir_wireless

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I wonder what happens if you go get a payment SIM anyways... I suppose you'd need the supporting app for Semble to load the cards onto the secure element?

Yes. Even if you already have a Semble SIM and have provided authorization from your bank, you'd still need the app to choose a card when paying. So for now, there's no point getting a Semble SIM card if you're on WP or iPhone, but if you do get one now at least you'll be ready in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss