BendGate 2?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I remember a lot of conversation about the IPhone 6 plus bending as if that was the end. Stories like this quote:

"To make things worse, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 survived the same test as plastic body is a bit more resilient than the aluminum body on the iPhone 6 Plus.
We are quite sure we will hear a lot more about this iPhone 6 Plus problem, so we will surely keep an eye on more information."
No surprise to me. Aluminum when it gets this thin, will bend. It'll be interesting for a minute to excuse this Samsung device bend. I guess this is proof android really wants to mimic Apple. lol.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
No surprise to me. Aluminum when it gets this thin, will bend. It'll be interesting for a minute to excuse this Samsung device bend. I guess this is proof android really wants to mimic Apple. lol.

I think if the power and volume buttons of iPhone (and Samsung) were located on the rear side as LG G3 they wouldn't be bending. At least not that easy.
Just my opinion

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Any phone will bend given enough pressure over a period of time. I have seen a iPhone 5 that had a 1-2 millimetre bend after 12-18 months use in tight jeans

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people criticized Samsung for the plastic material its phones were made from, but perhaps plastic is better. I'd rather have a plastic device that has structural integrity than an aluminum device that is not structurally sound.

Appearance of the phone doesn't matter to me anyway, since I put cases on all my phones.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
More like bendgate 1.

The issue with the iPhone 6 Plus was a non issue.
Neither are "issues" since any metal put under stress will bend, particularly the kinds of stress in the video. I'm just amused at the defense of this phone bending from those that made jokes about the IPhone 6 plus. Especially from the single point of failure "power button" crowd. (present company excluded)

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Please enough with the "gate"s.
​Surely people have enough common sense these days that if you've got something thin and long in your pocket (ooo-errr), it may bend?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Pro-tip to avoid any bends of the gate. Don't sit on your phone. It will break. It has not dissuaded me from considering any of these phones in the near future.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The issue I have is that, instead of keeping their mouths shut, Samsung mocked Apple over it: via tweets and at their MWC event. It makes me a bit giddy to see them get any sort if comeuppance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos