Windows phones losing its magic? Comment!

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Well I've been a regular user when it comes to windows phone since the launch of Lumia 800.. When people asked me why windows phone I use to say the its because of the battery backup and wonderful UI and basic apps availability not to forget the camera quality of the Lumias and wonderful smooth display, but frequently after switching 4 lumias 800,520,535,820, the 5th one I came to was 535 pathetic display the resolution sucked, the front camera good but to be honest 5mp back camera is not expected to the Lumia quality as on 710 also... And the apps such instagram, snap chat the basic apps also disappearing, the OS 8.1 did start off well but it does have a few loop holes.... Well do drop by your comments !? Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I've been a regular user when it comes to windows phone since the launch of Lumia 800.. When people asked me why windows phone I use to say the its because of the battery backup and wonderful UI and basic apps availability not to forget the camera quality of the Lumias and wonderful smooth display, but frequently after switching 4 lumias 800,520,535,820, the 5th one I came to was 535 pathetic display the resolution sucked, the front camera good but to be honest 5mp back camera is not expected to the Lumia quality as on 710 also... And the apps such instagram, snap chat the basic apps also disappearing, the OS 8.1 did start off well but it does have a few loop holes.... Well do drop by your comments !? Thanks

It's a bit unfortunate that the last Windows Phone you purchased was a L535 - the screen issue is a known deterrent*, as well as the GPS reliability and signal quality. However, isn't it unfair to judge an entire family of phones (from the 435 to the 1520) just based on one's experience with a lower-spec-ed phone? It's hardly a flagship and is known to be an entry-level phone. I've got an L535, but only as a temporary phone while my L1020 is under repair.

As for the apps... well there has been (and most probably will be) a persistent debate and discussion about this relating to Windows Phones. It's most likely that this thread would have it's fair share of the same kind of unending discussion in a few days ({critics vs fans} + {the "don't cares" and "so what's"}), but my take on it is that it's supposed to be mainly a "phone", not a camcorder, not a Wi-Fi router, not an aircraft GPS nav sys, not a supercomputer, not a flux gate magnetometer, not a gaming device, not a girl friend. If it serves my purpose of communicating to those who I want to, then it's fine. All the other features are merely bonuses.:angel:

*- Here's some good news. A recent (released yesterday) firmware update for the L535 seems to have further addressed the touch screen issue. I've installed it along with a few users and the screen reliability is a lot better than it was out-of-the box. This is the second update released by Microsoft for the issue. Microsoft is with their customers; they listen... even if there are so many voices to listen to.

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Well so far haven't got new updates, and everyday use apps like instagram,snap chat,bbm,ask.fm, talkray are either in beta version or some other bugs or not at all existing on the phones, when I came into the platform I felt its actually growing but after recent issues with my recent phone I feel I was not wrong, maybe windows phone is losing its magic, the quality is dying so are the apps....

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
The only smartphones I've ever had were a Motorola Android and my current Windows Lumia 635 that I've had almost a year. I can say that the magic died with the Android as soon as it was updated and I had issues from then on, some that were apparently intentional. The magic is still alive and kicking with my Windows phone, low-end as it may be. Hardware wise, this was a downgrade from my Motorola, but in every other way, particularly performance, it is so much better. Not to say that there is never an issue, and I wouldn't mind a better camera, but I'm super happy with Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes