Google Buying Twitter?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I read online that Steve Jobs is secretly alive and is actually still pulling the strings at Apple. Doesn't make it any more true.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Twitter's market cap is $33 billion right now. For investors to go through with it, Google would have to pay at least $40 billion for it. Google is not going to spend 2/3 of its cash (especially considering most of it is overseas and can't be brought into the US without paying taxes) for Twitter. I can't see it happening.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Google is not going to spend 2/3 of its cash <snip> for Twitter.

Back in January when this news was circulating, precisely this point was the argument against the likelihood of the purchase happening. I doubt whether much has changed since then.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The biggest question is why? What would they do with Twitter that Twitter isn't already doing? I don't think Google has any idea what to do with a social network...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Google+ to me became Google-

Social networks will eventually cause mental instability and even more psychosis by internet overload.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Google+ to me became Google-

Social networks will eventually cause mental instability and even more psychosis by internet overload.
I don't see any activity on Google+ much at all. It's the non-social social network.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've only tried it once and really didn't like it, no one really seems to use it out of my family and friends anyway.

Google+ does have some good concepts, such as the Circles. But, Facebook was already the automatic go to for social networking. It came too late, after a heavyweight was already firmly established. (Hey, where have we seen that before? :wink:)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Google is awful to me and I'd hate it if this is true because I actively use twitter and I make it my business to use nothing of Google except YouTube and even then I limit myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos