For all Pakistani WP users

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hola, people. Intro: Name's Khawar. I live in RWP, and used to have a Lumia 925 that I loved but got screwed over by Microsoft Care people. Meh. I love WP, and keep up with all the news. Waiting to see what W10 brings to the table and maybe I'll get the upcoming 840 or 940.

How are you all doing? :)

I just read that thread of yours and that is a horrible story. 😱
Something similar to this happened to me but not with a customer Not-care centre, but with the customs. Actually my Lumia 620 was sent from US and it took me 2 to 3 months to get it back from the customs. Those corrupt bastards!

saadmubeen

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Finally someone replied.
AoA.
Windows 10 on Lumia 520. Do you use it as your daily phone? And how long did it took to download and install it.
Yes I use it as my daily phone. Don't remember the time it took to download and install. But there was way too much lag at the start and I couldn't access settings. Then I did hard reset my phone and that improved the performance a bit and now I can access settings. The new dial pad is very laggy still and wp10 has so many problems to be fixed but I am sticking with wp 10 technical preview for now.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I just read that thread of yours and that is a horrible story. ��
Something similar to this happened to me but not with a customer Not-care centre, but with the customs. Actually my Lumia 620 was sent from US and it took me 2 to 3 months to get it back from the customs. Those corrupt bastards!

Customs are seriously corrupt, and it's because of them all these electronic devices are so overpriced in our country :( I mean Lumia 830 for $400! :/ what madness.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I use it as my daily phone. Don't remember the time it took to download and install. But there was way too much lag at the start and I couldn't access settings. Then I did hard reset my phone and that improved the performance a bit and now I can access settings. The new dial pad is very laggy still and wp10 has so many problems to be fixed but I am sticking with wp 10 technical preview for now.

Good show sticking to the Windows 10 TP for phones. Give them some valuable feedback. It matters.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Customs are seriously corrupt, and it's because of them all these electronic devices are so overpriced in our country :( I mean Lumia 830 for $400! :/ what madness.

I know right. At the time, the lowest price of the Lumia 620 in Pakistan was 18000 Rs(almost 180 $) but the one in the US was 50$ unlocked. Can you believe it! That's an increase of more than 200% in price.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
AoA, nice thread.
I'm Usama Jawad from Lahore. Aged 18, I'm currently doing A Levels from Beaconhouse. I've been using Windows Phones for more than 2 years. The Lumia 620 was my first smartphone and the Lumia 630 dual-sim which I'm currently using is my second.
I cover tech news mostly by Microsoft on Neowin. (you might have heard of the site) and needless to say, I'm a Microsoft-only fan. Nice to meet you people :)

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
AoA, nice thread.
I'm Usama Jawad from Lahore. Aged 18, I'm currently doing A Levels from Beaconhouse. I've been using Windows Phones for more than 2 years. The Lumia 620 was my first smartphone and the Lumia 630 dual-sim which I'm currently using is my second.
I cover tech news mostly by Microsoft on Neowin. (you might have heard of the site) and needless to say, I'm a Microsoft-only fan. Nice to meet you people :)

Nice! :D
Welcome to the thread Usama :)

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
AoA, nice thread.

Cool. Welcome to the thread, Usama
I've heard of Neowin many times and just visited it. Seems like a pretty good site. And your working for them, is even better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3