For all Pakistani WP users

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
If people don't understand them then its fine. Doesn't mean we should stop. But there are some people who try to insult you by saying things like,"tou bara angreiz aaya hai". That's when you shouldn't give a crap about them.

Well, luckily I don't have anyone like that among my friends or people I care about. In fact, a lot of times they've asked me to help them out with English-related stuff since I am quite fluent at English. :) But it still feels a little alien knowing all kinds of funny stuff that you can use but can't because of the language barrier.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, luckily I don't have anyone like that among my friends or people I care about. In fact, a lot of times they've asked me to help them out with English-related stuff since I am quite fluent at English. :) But it still feels a little alien knowing all kinds of funny stuff that you can use but can't because of the language barrier.

My relatives have a small group on whatsapp.I sometimes have to explain it to them if I post something new in English. But its okay.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't it affect you in any way? And how Cortana functions?

Cortana functions just fine. The searches on Bing would give you more US-centric searches but all the US-only apps can be downloaded from the store so that's a plus. On any smartphone I own, I keep location settings enabled, my region is set to US, and my time/date format is set to UK. :p I just more comfortable that way. If Pakistan had Bing maps, Cortana would function well with them too, but sadly we don't.

Does anyone know if HERE is working on bringing maps to Pakistan? I mean they have maps of IRAQ, FFS, and yet we're being treated like step children. -_-

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Cortana functions just fine. The searches on Bing would give you more US-centric searches but all the US-only apps can be downloaded from the store so that's a plus. On any smartphone I own, I keep location settings enabled, my region is set to US, and my time/date format is set to UK. :p I just more comfortable that way. If Pakistan had Bing maps, Cortana would function well with them too, but sadly we don't.

Does anyone know if HERE is working on bringing maps to Pakistan? I mean they have maps of IRAQ, FFS, and yet we're being treated like step children. -_-

Cortana works fine but is it really worth it . . . oh I mean is she really worth it? 😄
Don't know if HERE maps will be available for Pakistan for the time being. Microsoft did took over the HERE maps division too from Nokia more than a month ago. But here's the UserVoice link for HERE maps for Pakistan:
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...ions/5981573-add-downloadable-map-of-pakistan
Vote and comment. That's all we can do for now.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Cortana works fine but is it really worth it . . . oh I mean is she really worth it? ��
Don't know if HERE maps will be available for Pakistan for the time being. Microsoft did took over the HERE maps division too from Nokia more than a month ago. But here's the UserVoice link for HERE maps for Pakistan:
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...ions/5981573-add-downloadable-map-of-pakistan
Vote and comment. That's all we can do for now.

Cortana is *fun*, lol. And kind of useful for getting relevant news if you put specific topics in your interests. On my now poor deceased 925 (RIP lol), I used to use her to score major show-off points among my Android friends, use her to set alarms ("wake me up in thirty minutes") and random questions ("who is Barack Obama?" :p). Because of lack of maps, the most useful aspect won't work, ("next time I'm in in Sadar, remind me to buy a facewash") but I guess that will come sooner or later.

The main advantage of settings region to US is for getting the country-exclusive apps, though. YMMV. :)

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is *fun*, lol. And kind of useful for getting relevant news if you put specific topics in your interests. On my now poor deceased 925 (RIP lol), I used to use her to score major show-off points among my Android friends, use her to set alarms ("wake me up in thirty minutes") and random questions ("who is Barack Obama?" :p). Because of lack of maps, the most useful aspect won't work, ("next time I'm in in Sadar, remind me to buy a facewash") but I guess that will come sooner or later.

The main advantage of settings region to US is for getting the country-exclusive apps, though. YMMV. :)

I think I'm gonna get her . . . I mean, it on my phone. 😉

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
About HERE Maps in Pakistan: Actually, Pakistan (or at least parts of it) *are* mapped in HERE Maps. It's not just one giant highway as it is in the public version of HERE Maps. Visit mapcreator.here.com and have a look at your city's map.

Screenshot (117).jpg

Last edited:

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
About HERE Maps in Pakistan: Actually, Pakistan (or at least parts of it) *are* mapped in HERE Maps. It's not just one giant highway as it is in the public version of HERE Maps. Visit mapcreator.here.com and have a look at your city's map.

View attachment 104003

For RWP, the satellite view is there but any places aren't mapped. :/ which place is that in the picture?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99