For all Pakistani WP users

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
That's cool.
I have only seen three actual people excluding me with a windows phone in my life.

That's shockingly low. :/ what do people around you use? Android or iPhone?

My mom doesn't know a thing about smartphones. She even often has problems with her Nokia 1800. ��

Lol, parents and their aversion to smartphones. I talked my father into getting a 630 and forcefully handed my mother a Nexus 4. It took them a while but now they're learning nicely. Now they send me 'educational' videos/pics on WhatsApp and it's so weird :p

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That's shockingly low. :/ what do people around you use? Android or iPhone?

Android and Symbian.

Lol, parents and their aversion to smartphones. I talked my father into getting a 630 and forcefully handed my mother a Nexus 4. It took them a while but now they're learning nicely. Now they send me 'educational' videos/pics on WhatsApp and it's so weird :p

At least my dad knows much about smartphones and computers. Not nearly as much as me though.
And educational pics/videos, somehow I can't think of any right now. 😃

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much the same over here. I convinced three friends to try Windows Phone. And about five others at my school have one. Rest all use iPhone or Android.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
First one was a stranger/ customer at the local General store. The second was my cousin. And the Third were a friend of my dad. That's it.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Actually it was after seeing and using my cousin's Lumia for a few minutes that I thought that my first smartphone will be Lumia.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I started looking up smartphones back in 2011, and the Samsung Focus series (Windows Phone 7) immediately caught my eye. I wanted one of those to be my first smartphone. Then the Lumia series was announced and in early 2013, I almost bought a 710. Finally, later that year, I got a 520. :D

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I started looking up smartphones back in 2011, and the Samsung Focus series (Windows Phone 7) immediately caught my eye. I wanted one of those to be my first smartphone. Then the Lumia series was announced and in early 2013, I almost bought a 710. Finally, later that year, I got a 520. :D

"Almost bought a 710"?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm so greedy for the 640 but can't afford it right now.

I am trying to save up for the (hopefully) improved and incoming 840. And I am failing miserably at that saving :p student budgets, and that kinda thing. I might also consider whatever the next flagship is. I'll get it after a 3-4 months of release tho, so that the prices are lower. If I'm getting a WP, it might as well have OIS, Glance, AMOLED, etc. the kinda things that make WP stand out... lol.

I think, if you can find an 830 for a good deal, you should prefer it to the 640. It's better in almost every way that counts.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to save up for the (hopefully) improved and incoming 840. And I am failing miserably at that saving :p student budgets, and that kinda thing. I might also consider whatever the next flagship is. I'll get it after a 3-4 months of release tho, so that the prices are lower. If I'm getting a WP, it might as well have OIS, Glance, AMOLED, etc. the kinda things that make WP stand out... lol.

I think, if you can find an 830 for a good deal, you should prefer it to the 640. It's better in almost every way that counts.

I don't have big needs when it comes to smartphones. A 640 would be good enough for me.
I still do some stuff on my 620 that people aren't able to do on their S4. Like taking cool pics or glance, double tap or word play keyboard.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
My lock screen.

Yes, my sister showed that mother's day lockscreen to me yesterday. It made me melt. Adorable :3

I don't have big needs when it comes to smartphones. A 640 would be good enough for me.
I still do some stuff on my 620 that people aren't able to do on their S4. Like taking cool pics or glance, double tap or word play keyboard.

True enough, when it comes to Lumias, flagship isn't always better (I think 830 > 930). But the 830 is older now, and there are already rumors of it being discontinued in production, so I am going to hold out. Besides the 830, I haven't seen a Lumia that is as pretty as the 925... and call me shallow but looks matter to me. :p So I will wait patiently.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
So I changed my phone's region settings to US and nothing significant happened. Where's Cortana? I also searched the store but still nothing. Also tried tap and hold the search button.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
So I changed my phone's region settings to US and nothing significant happened. Where's Cortana? I also searched the store but still nothing. Also tried tap and hold the search button.

Do into Speech settings and download and install the package for English (US). Cortana also needs Location enabled to work. You'll automatically get the live tile on the home screen when she's ready to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99