For all Pakistani WP users

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Do into Speech settings and download and install the package for English (US). Cortana also needs Location enabled to work. You'll automatically get the live tile on the home screen when she's ready to work.

Speech settings language is English(US). location services are on and still no Cortana. Region settings are as they should be to get Cortana. And I'm running Lumia denim.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Speech settings language is English(US). location services are on and still no Cortana. Region settings are as they should be to get Cortana. And I'm running Lumia denim.

I have my keyboard, language and speech set to Engish (United States) and the country is also United States. Location is on. I remember when I tried the Developer Preview last year, I had to restart my phone a couple of times in order to get Cortana.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I have my keyboard, language and speech set to Engish (United States) and the country is also United States. Location is on. I remember when I tried the Developer Preview last year, I had to restart my phone a couple of times in order to get Cortana.

I also restarted it 2 or 3 times. But I'm just gonna let it go for now.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Saturday night. The best night of the week. With a full nonworking day ahead.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Sunday! :/
BTW, anyone trying out build 10080? I've had it on my primary (and only) Lumia 520 for more than a day. Stable enough for me, plus I have exams these days so I don't use the phone a lot.

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Posting here after a long time. 1520 is still going strong. I had my go at Win 10 a little while back. Woof! I'm telling you, it turned my 1520 from a 2015 Corolla to a 2000 Mehran (No bias, I have a Cultus) Windows phone 8.1 + Denim absolutely flies on the 1520, and while I liked the look of things on W10, its not up for daily use. Heating+Battery drain were my main issues. No matter, since I had the experience of using the Recovery Tool. What I'm looking forward to in Windows 10? All the new Universal apps. Especially those Office Apps, since I really need to make some documents quick for random stuff. Plus the UI. In my opinion, Windows phone 8.1, for a long time user since Windows phone 7, is a bit stale. The new looking W10 UI attracts me, at least in its freshness. So, what's your opinion? Is Windows 10 mobile you're dream come true too?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Posting here after a long time. 1520 is still going strong. I had my go at Win 10 a little while back. Woof! I'm telling you, it turned my 1520 from a 2015 Corolla to a 2000 Mehran (No bias, I have a Cultus) Windows phone 8.1 + Denim absolutely flies on the 1520, and while I liked the look of things on W10, its not up for daily use. Heating+Battery drain were my main issues. No matter, since I had the experience of using the Recovery Tool. What I'm looking forward to in Windows 10? All the new Universal apps. Especially those Office Apps, since I really need to make some documents quick for random stuff. Plus the UI. In my opinion, Windows phone 8.1, for a long time user since Windows phone 7, is a bit stale. The new looking W10 UI attracts me, at least in its freshness. So, what's your opinion? Is Windows 10 mobile you're dream come true too?

Hi Hamza.
Nice example with the Mehran and all. 😄.
Even though some people undermined the denim update, it still is a nice update. Along with some new features, it made my phone just noticeably faster("seems faster"😂).
I'm looking forward to the universal apps on Windows 10 for phones and also the changed UI with lots of customizations.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
How much screen-on time do you people get on your phones on a single charge? I got 8 hrs on my 1020. :p
Six hours or more is very good. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers