For all Pakistani WP users

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to Lumia 640XL from my 620.
I can upgrade.I even downloaded the Upgrade Advisor app. But I'm gonna wait for some time so that Windows 10m Mobile becomes more stable. 😁

Well first congrats on your 640XL.
Second, for me to be honest, it's not about stability. It's about the uniqueness and the UI that is of Windows8.1 as compared to windows 10. For some reason,i hate certain UI design particularly the peoples app. It's an imp app for me but unfortunately, it's functionality is broken in windows 10 and the UI is so hideous especially the live tile.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. Me so far. Why you ask?

Just an attempt to get this thread back to life. And I was just curious. I'm stuck with 8.1 on my 520. Even though none of the Insider builds was stable enough to be used as a daily driver and I had an idea that my phone might not get the W10M update, I was still a bit disappointed to know that mine will be stuck with 8.1.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Well first congrats on your 640XL.
Second, for me to be honest, it's not about stability. It's about the uniqueness and the UI that is of Windows8.1 as compared to windows 10. For some reason,i hate certain UI design particularly the peoples app. It's an imp app for me but unfortunately, it's functionality is broken in windows 10 and the UI is so hideous especially the live tile.

Well I used to dislike onscreen keys too but I got used to them(and maybe even like) ooh my 640XL.
Maybe you could get used to Windows 10 too or adapt to it. The change will feel unusual at first.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I used to dislike onscreen keys too but I got used to them(and maybe even like) ooh my 640XL.
Maybe you could get used to Windows 10 too or adapt to it. The change will feel unusual at first.

To be honest, I like the on screen buttons. Sure both of them have pros and cons as the capacitive buttons sure are awesome but my biggest gripe was when your using your phone at night, those lights were a great annoyance. No way to shut them down unless you put your phone in battery saver.
In case of windows 10, as I said,the uniqueness of windows 8.1 is something I cannot give up just yet. MIGHT buy a windows 10 phone but not ready for now. If they fix the people hub app, then yes.
One more thing, since now your having 640XL, try scaling your dpi and see how your phone turns into mini PC. The apps just look so beautiful. Sure they're tiny but its the power of UWP. That's the best thing I have ever seen.

P.S I have been insider since the release of the first build for 1520. So I do have adapted it.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I like the on screen buttons. Sure both of them have pros and cons as the capacitive buttons sure are awesome but my biggest gripe was when your using your phone at night, those lights were a great annoyance. No way to shut them down unless you put your phone in battery saver.
In case of windows 10, as I said,the uniqueness of windows 8.1 is something I cannot give up just yet. MIGHT buy a windows 10 phone but not ready for now. If they fix the people hub app, then yes.
One more thing, since now your having 640XL, try scaling your dpi and see how your phone turns into mini PC. The apps just look so beautiful. Sure they're tiny but its the power of UWP. That's the best thing I have ever seen.

P.S I have been insider since the release of the first build for 1520. So I do have adapted it.

Scaling my phone's dpi? Elaborate?

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
He's referring to the slider in the Display section of the W10M Settings of the app, which allows to change the size of the text, buttons and stuff, allowing you to fit more on the screen. If you set the slider on a particular level and use the Settings app in landscape mode, it looks just like it does on a Windows 10 PC.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Just what alinauman said. Open settings, search display, change dpi settings and wolah! You get windows 10 PC like experience on your phone. All your universal apps become to PC from phone format

Yeah but isn't that only possible on windows 10 mobile.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm good too.

Updated to windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 640 XL. From the upgrade advisor app.

Trying to get used to the new apps and things. It is running smoothly.

That's nice. Meanwhile, my 520 died a couple of months ago - the motherboard got faulty. Going to buy a 540 now, as my budget is pretty low. How's the OS these days, in terms of stability? Do you get random reboots?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That's nice. Meanwhile, my 520 died a couple of months ago - the motherboard got faulty. Going to buy a 540 now, as my budget is pretty low. How's the OS these days, in terms of stability? Do you get random reboots?

The OS is very smooth like butter. For the five months I had my Lumia 640XL on windows 8.1. It only hanged once. Once in five months!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion