how to remove a picture attached to a contact
    04-24-2015 03:50 AM
    Welcome to Windows Central.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to remove the contact picture from an outlook contact - whether it was from a linked profile photo or a custom photo you placed. I think what P1ng0fDeath is referring to is "unlink".

What I've done to remove a photo is to duplicate the contact and then delete the old one in this manner:
    1. Rename original contact: John Doe > John Doe old
    2. Make new contact entry: + > John Doe
    3. Add the entries for new contact entry
    4. Delete original contact.

Outlook.com will pull in the profile picture for a Contact from any linked service e.g. Facebook.
    It won't let you specify your own picture for that Contact (despite that feature being available in Microsoft Exchange for years and many, many requests all over Microsoft's sites to implement the same for their online offering). You also can't remove the picture that Microsoft decides you want.​
    True that you can't remove a photo, but you can place a custom photo for your Outlook contact. This can be done straight from your People Hub, select Contact, edit Outlook - you will see the option to add/edit the photo.

You may want to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.
    try opening People hub, select your contact you want the picture removed, press "vinculate" at the bottom (not sure if that's how it is, my phone isn't in English. It's the middle button though) and see if that contact is vinculated to a Facebook or Twitter account, for example. If so, touch said account, a message will pop up asking if you want to unlink.

maybe there is another way, but this is the only one i know
    k72 likes this.
    04-24-2015 08:21 PM
    Outlook.com will pull in the profile picture for a Contact from any linked service e.g. Facebook.
    It won't let you specify your own picture for that Contact (despite that feature being available in Microsoft Exchange for years and many, many requests all over Microsoft's sites to implement the same for their online offering). You also can't remove the picture that Microsoft decides you want.​
    Nam Long likes this.
    04-24-2015 08:29 PM
    Welcome to Windows Central.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to remove the contact picture from an outlook contact - whether it was from a linked profile photo or a custom photo you placed. I think what P1ng0fDeath is referring to is "unlink".

What I've done to remove a photo is to duplicate the contact and then delete the old one in this manner:
    1. Rename original contact: John Doe > John Doe old
    2. Make new contact entry: + > John Doe
    3. Add the entries for new contact entry
    4. Delete original contact.

True that you can't remove a photo, but you can place a custom photo for your Outlook contact. This can be done straight from your People Hub, select Contact, edit Outlook - you will see the option to add/edit the photo.

You may want to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.
    Laura Knotek and P1ng0fDeath like this.
    04-24-2015 11:55 PM