Hi

I'm wanting to work at Microsoft when I'm older, but I'm confused with the requirements to get in

• A BA/BS or higher degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design or related degree.
    • 8+ years of relevant design work experience.
    • Experience designing integrated marketing and brand campaigns that span print, packaging and online deliverables.
    • Strong portfolio demonstrates attention to detail and mastery of typography, color, layout, etc.
    • Strong concepting and visual skills along with an ability to explain your design rationale.
    • Knowledge of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices.
    • Ability to produce high-res visualizations, motion studies and prototypes.
    • Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills. Experience with AfterEffects a plus.
    • Great listening skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach to design.
    • Exceptional communication skills - the ability to make complex areas understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and strong presentation skills.
    • Self-motivated and directed.
    • A strong interest in design and technology trends.

Do I need multiple degrees in Design or what?

Would like someone to help or even better, a MS employee :-)

Thanks
    04-26-2015 10:15 PM
    You need one of the degrees listed, read the first bullet point. Everything else comes with experience :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-2015 10:41 PM