How fast is your internet connection?

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just creating this topic because I'm rather curious of what we all have (being from often very different very places).
Personally, in the french countryside, I have about 1mbps, generaly about 0.8. What about you?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking physical line based internet like cable or fiber optic? Or cellular internet speed?

For me, cellular speed varies between 18-25Mb/s download and 3-6Mb/s upload depending on where I am in my region.

At church I get 65-80Mb/s on the church's Wi-Fi. At the in-laws house, using their Wi-Fi, I get about 6Mb/s on average download and 0.5Mb/s upload. 9 out of 10 public Wi-Fi spots are slower than my cellular connection by a very large margin. Only public Wi-Fi that is faster is the Library and Church. The Library gives me a full 300Mb/s download speed, which is all my phone can handle. They actually have fiber optic at the library and the full throughput coming into their main system is over 20 Gigabit. Lots of rich people in town that donate to the library regularly. If my internet was that fast, I'd go over my data allotment for the month in under a minute.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Home: Theoretically 15/15 Mbps, but it seems short that.

Cellular: 920's on 3G, so it varies. Maybe 4 Mbps down.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, 152 mb is my quoted speed. I never get to it. As it happens, I am currently getting between 15 mb and 70 mb. There is major congestion in my area. Luckily, Virgin Media are pretty good at refunds.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
On Wi-Fi I have almost 2Mbps (~225kBps to be exact) download and frustating and almost unusable 0,1Mbps upload speed with around 40ms ping when idle. It's cheap tho USD11 per month ;D. On mobile (3G) I got 1Mbps download and only-usable-for-text-messaging upload speed with around 150ms ping when idle for USD8 for 8GB without expiration date.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking physical line based internet like cable or fiber optic? Or cellular internet speed?

For me, cellular speed varies between 18-25Mb/s download and 3-6Mb/s upload depending on where I am in my region.

At church I get 65-80Mb/s on the church's Wi-Fi. At the in-laws house, using their Wi-Fi, I get about 6Mb/s on average download and 0.5Mb/s upload. 9 out of 10 public Wi-Fi spots are slower than my cellular connection by a very large margin. Only public Wi-Fi that is faster is the Library and Church. The Library gives me a full 300Mb/s download speed, which is all my phone can handle. They actually have fiber optic at the library and the full throughput coming into their main system is over 20 Gigabit. Lots of rich people in town that donate to the library regularly. If my internet was that fast, I'd go over my data allotment for the month in under a minute.

If I would have been at your place, I would have planned to buy a house nearby church. Lucky you

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I was talking about line based :)

I'm seriously jealous of all of you. Downloading the Windows 10 TP takes me about 12 hours :/

Whoops... Then I am doing 19.85 mbps down 4mbps up.. Thats off peak hours btw. Using excede satellite service..
I know I know. But its the only service available where I live, period and it sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon