Meet'm ERROR. Messaging seems to be unavailable. What could be wrong?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a paid meet'm application installed on my phone from a year ago.
Today when I try to log on the error message is appear on the screen: "ERROR.
Messaging seems to be unavailable. Do you want to try to restart messaging?".

Also the setting menu down in right is not active.

I restarted my phone, disable and enable location again, same mistake is appear. Uninstall app, restarted, then install app again and the same error is appearing.

Tried to find some information on the web without result. Tried to open a developer web page and ask them, but there is no feedback or e-mail support.

Could you please help me with some suggestion?
Did anyone has the same problem (may be this is problem with the servers or s.e.).

Thank you!

Allicit

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Meet'm was recently updated to fix many of the issues that are probably brought about due to Grindr developers making changes to the Grindr functionality.

I have noticed today the Meet'm app has been pulled from the Windows Store. I contacted MSFT who informed me it was removed by the developer. This could mean either threats from Grindr or Grindr are releasing an app imminently - the later seems unlikely as Grindr have deliberately ignored WP for years and with W10 coming soon why would they release an app now? I hope Grindr is not threatening OAB Software will legal action as this would have to be the most insidious and unfair way to treat a developer that has given 1000s of angry WP users what they have been asking Grindr for since 2009. Talk about equality ... not.

Steve F3

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Meet'm ERROR. Messaging seems to be unavailable for the last few days. What is wrong?

I have a paid meet'm application & have been using it on my Nokia Luma 930 phone (OS 8.1) for around two & years & it has been working OK.

The last few days after logging inn I cannot now use the message box to contact anyone, I keep getting a message at the bottom of the screen that shows "Reconnecting to the chat service" & that is as far as I can go no matter what I try. Messaging is now unavailable.

I restarted my phone, disable and enable location again, same problem keeps is appearing. Also now if someone sends me a msg which shows a red number after reading the msg the red number does not now clear. Another problem is that the backup/Restore does not work. I am logged in but cannot get this to work.

Has anyone any info on how to contact support?

bluezephyr23

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi bluezephur...so is your chat working ok now?,.. so do I just email the developer and tell them I have a problem and they will sort it?
Today an app update is available . And I confirm now the chat is working. But for people like me that had removed and then reinstalled the app there is a problem with the restored data from OneDrive that invalited the chat function

LassiTLaakso

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem.. removing and installing app again and chat is ok but after restore it is getting me that error...
"messaging seems to be unavailable..." and then not chatting.. it's a bit bad situation if all history is gone... :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss