Basic manners towards ALL members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am shocked at what happened today. I was offering someone help on an issue that they had and got verbally attacked, was called horrendous names, was attacked based on my gender (being female I don't have a clue about tech apparently), they used very explicit language and also it got into a very sexual explicit manner on their part (won't repeat here). Learn some human decency wouldnt go astray on some people. I am enjoying my time here and I have gotten into heated exchanges but today was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I know you maybe on the end of your tether when you gave a tech problem but that gives you NO right to be abusive to other users we are not tech support, we are not working for Microsoft, Nokia, HTC and or any mobile carriers we are just fellow users like you who are volunteering our time so that other users who run into trouble can offer advise and troubleshooting when needed.

Yours Sincerely
?ire

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Apologies for this happening to you Eire.

At the first sign of trouble never hesitate to report any thread or post.
The staff may not catch things like this without notification.

We will always be happy to deal with users who remain troublesome.
Next time let the moderation team step in before things go too far.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know but like we all have lost our temper at some stage in our lives but don't be giving out to the person/people who are trying to help. Sorry if I'm having a rant but I feel it needed to be said. People who are trolling too need to be removed from the forums too. If your a troll and are here to troll then you have only one chance and one chance only. Be a troll and instant removal.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll put this here to remind everyone that reads this thread:

Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)
  • Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The report button is the surest thing. For those that don't know, here is what the button looks like:

Capture.JPG

IMHO, the Mods here are very serious about enforcing the community rules and with the international nature of Mobile Nations, someone is around 24/7. Today a Network Moderator stepped in from another site when the report went out. It's about teamwork, not turf when you get to the level of SuperModerator, Network Moderator and Admin at Mobile Nations. Even our dedicated Moderators here at Windows Central have support and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky