Petition to add a LOL button on the forums.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I would like to make a suggestion to the lovely folks at Tapatalk please will you add a lol button alongside the already existing like and thank buttons. As sometimes we all need a little LOL in our posts lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Cool hun. Would be great fun lol'ing all day ha ha.
I don't think Tapatalk could add it, since they use the same setup for all forums, including those not connected to Mobile Nations. But it might be possible for WindowsCentral to add it to their forums as a smiley in the website.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Tapatalk could add it, since they use the same setup for all forums, including those not connected to Mobile Nations. But it might be possible for WindowsCentral to add it to their forums as a smiley in the website.

Its only a little string of code that's gonna bring happiness to thousands lol.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is silly in my opinion.

Imagine a new member comes and asks a question and everyone just "lols" at his post.... That ought to motivate him to come back...

Need a "lol" button to "lol" at this petition...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... It all depends. Perhaps we need 2 different LOL buttons.
1. LOL-AYBS
2. LOL-YSF
Where #1: LOL At You Being Stupid and #2: LOL-Your So Funny!
Actually, only #2 should be used. But it should be defined that the LOL is a LOL-YSF, not a LOL-AYBS. ;)

The real issue here is that the forum's code would need to be modified in order to add code that would modify the database in order to track the LOLs in the same way it does Likes and Thanks. We're talking Database Modifications and Code Modifications that would take someone quite familiar with the code of the forum's software to be able to pull it off. Then there are the legal issues. Is the forum software used an Open Source? Does it have a license that allows it to be modified and changed? Does the request have to go through the developers of the forum software in order to have the changes made, and, if so, will these developers need to be paid a large sum of money to get it done?

Tapatalk can't do it. They only implement an interface to the existing forum software, and, unfortunately, while LOL would be a good idea for all forums, there aren't any that I know of that do it currently. Not that there aren't, I just haven't seen them yet. That means it would be a pretty obscure feature. But, at one time, Like and Thanks were both pretty obscure. It could happen.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
This is silly in my opinion.

Imagine a new member comes and asks a question and everyone just "lols" at his post.... That ought to motivate him to come back...

Need a "lol" button to "lol" at this petition...

Obviously in accordance with the forum rules we wont be lol'ing at their issue. Its only for funny posts not to be used in a trolling way. If its being abused the user will be delt with in the manner befitting the rules.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Obviously in accordance with the forum rules we wont be lol'ing at their issue. Its only for funny posts not to be used in a trolling way. If its being abused the user will be delt with in the manner befitting the rules.

Great. Just what we need. More things for Mods to be monitoring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs