When Apple was Revolutionary

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I was swimming through YouTube and found this vid :D

Watched it and it was very intriguing to see all the things that were brand new to the SmartPhone Industry that are now all standard and expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGoM_wVrwng

I couldn't help but laugh when Mr.Jobs went on to talk about design though.

3.5 inches REALLY BIG?? lol ( 1520 users out there? :D )
11mm THIN?? lol

But really this was a great breakthrough and very much revolutionary. It very much changed the game..
The iPhone can very much be given credit for destroying Blackberry and knocking the great Nokia right from it's throne.
Blackberry is pretty much gonna die IMO lol, but the Nokia spirit will live on due to the talents behind their greatness now being in Microsoft's hands

Too bad Apple hasn't done much innovation since the iPhone 4s... all iPhones have gotten are screen improvements, and design leaps ( the 6 is very thin ). The fingerprint sensor was somewhat "revolutionary" though, right?

Just felt like sharing this :grin:

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The reviews for the first iphone are funny when read today. They all mention the great 160 ppi screen and how crisp it was. Yet these same reviewers nowadays like to complain about sd screens on budget phones with much higher ppi. If 160 was so good back then why not 235 now? I don't mean to rant its just something that annoys me.

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
For the time, that was a good screen. However, with advancements in technology it is no longer very good. If one used a modern phone for a while and then tried using their original iPhone, I'm sure they would be pretty disappointed in the function of it due to the new technology in modern phones.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For the first time, I've had longtime iPhone users in our work plan want to trade their 6 out and return to a 5s. Yeah, you all read that right - and those are regular 6's, not 6+s.

Mainly, they don't like the overall feel (size/weight) compared to a 5s.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Bo_woods, you going to empty your private messages so can send you a request or do I have to go thru every thread you are responding to and send you the same request? I dont like airing dirty laundry on another thread but can't seem to get u to respond so leaves me no choice at this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb