Why is it showing this message:MB thermal design doesn't support CPU over 200w! System will auto shutdown after 5 seconds to protect your mainboard!?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why is it showing this message:

Why does it say this when i try my turn my computer on "MB thermal design doesn't support CPU over 200w!! System will auto shutdown after 5 seconds to protect your mainboard!!"
I cant use my computer!! My computer is always with fans on medium and i dont let it get too hot! Please help, i cant use my computer!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why is it showing this message:

It's an overtemp warning so you won't destroy the board.
The CPU current draw is exceeding the ability of your mainboard to supply it with power.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

It could help a lot if you can describe your PC hardware like the CPU, motherboard and graphic card if present... seems that the CPU is getting hot, maybe the CPU fan isn't working properly, could be dust or faulty hardware. I always have the CPU fan of my PC set to auto to avoid any temp problem.

James Hardy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Let me guess you are using a MSI Board? MSI released a Bios Update and it appears it did more bad then good. Your board and CPU where just fine Up till 4 days..

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The only solution is to flash an earlier BIOS to the system. I can't help you find it, though, but if you updated it, go back to where you got the BIOS file, and most manufacturers keep several versions available. Go back to the one previous to the one you flashed and try that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon