Facebook - We are having trouble getting data

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone - When I am visiting someone's post from the news feed or directly click on the notification, it sometimes(more now a days) giving me the error saying "we are having trouble getting data". Is server taking too much load or app becomes slow? Please note that I am on high config. WiFi, so don't aks about that.

Last edited:

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook app has always been crap (FWIW, it's crap on my iPhone and Android phones too), but this issue making me unable to view comments is something I haven't experienced until just this morning.

I've been praying that Rudy Huyn will save us with a Facebook Paper client that isn't as ghetto as Booklet is.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
re:

Been having this problem as of today. They really just need to get Facebook to make the app. Port the iOS version over and just make updates when needed. However im on the tech preview and the site works great in Spartan browser even saves your position in the newsfeed when you go back

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
MS really need to work on this soon because this is the same before re-design (Complete Overhaul) was applied, when we were opening facebook and seeing the same continuous error "We are having trouble getting data".

Last edited:

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
re:

Its back to mormal now. Comments are now showing up.

Edit: Ops, maybe not. Its a hit-or-miss ordeal.
That's about what I'm getting too.

Working less than an hour ago, now it's being weird. Wouldn't put it past me that it's just Facebook being a pos and not necessarily the app. It's not 100% on my iPad Air either.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Might just be time for a new social network!
I am appalled at the crap that shows up when I login to my FB account on the browser on a PC every few months and am glad that I don't use the app on my phone. I do use Messenger though and it seems to work without a glitch for the most part.
IMO, the best thing offered from the folks at FB - WhatsApp!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
re:

Might just be time for a new social network!
I am appalled at the crap that shows up when I login to my FB account on the browser on a PC every few months and am glad that I don't use the app on my phone. I do use Messenger though and it seems to work without a glitch for the most part.
IMO, the best thing offered from the folks at FB - WhatsApp!

Yes. Other people should stop using an app based on YOUR personal preference.

Get out of here....

You know what. I don't like whatsapp! You should use viber. -_-

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Yes. Other people should stop using an app based on YOUR personal preference.

Get out of here....

You know what. I don't like whatsapp! You should use viber. -_-

Thank you for your suggestion. I am a bit miffed that you couldn't see the oozing sarcasm in my OP....
FWIW, I already use Viber.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb