04-13-2016 04:41 AM
67 123
tools
    I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Lumia 830 when I switched my consulting practice to Office 365 Enterprise from Google Apps.
    Windows Phone provides a complete, reliably-connected mobile office with Office 365 integration (including SharePoint) and full Lync/Skype4Biz. I am always connected to my clients, related work, or in-process documents.
    Reasons: connected to Office, OneDrive, outstanding camera, battery life, live tiles, and phone quality.
    A week after getting the phone I showed it to an artist/graphic designer who spent 9 months working at an Apple Store - I showed off the 830's main features and a few of the Zeiss camera's pics. She said, "Now I'm envious!"
    Would never go back. Now looking to trade my iPad for a Surface,
    Marc Baldry and LABcrab like this.
    07-07-2015 07:45 PM
    A job issued me an iPhone 4. I had to keep it in an Udder Box which was horribly clunky. I was frustrated by the fact that I couldn't charge from any USB port, I could only use a couple of different computers to sync, and I had to connect to a computer just to rearrange the Windows 3.1 style icons much less to move music onto the phone.

Then I got an HTC HD7 first generation Windows Phone. I could charge from any USB port. I could wirelessly sync photos and music. I could use my Microsoft Account to keep everything in sync with my other devices, and I could arrange tiles much less apply color to the phone anytime I wanted. People who were still stuck on iPhones would say, "Wow, you're phone is so big, what is that?" Later, I got a Nokia Lumia 925 and couldn't believe what nice photos it takes.

I'm looking forward to Windows Mobile, and I've never looked back at the iPhone while it's been trying to catch up in so many ways.
    07-07-2015 07:59 PM
    here's the reasons why i move from android to lumia:

1. it was nokia at that time, my first device was lumia 520
    2. I found windows phone os is very unique, compared to iOs and android
    3. the simplicity of the whole enviorment, its easy to use and no annoying things
    4. its microsoft products! I believe with them.
    5. no need to worry about custom rom and other things to make your phone better, it already perfect out of the box!
    07-07-2015 08:18 PM
    i switched from an iphone 4 to a lumia 520 because its a nokia. the rest just follows:

simplicity of the OS
    live tiles
    battery life
    camera quality (esp my 1020 and 1520)
    being unique in itself
    07-07-2015 08:57 PM
    Microsoft gave me a free Lumia. (really)
    07-08-2015 12:24 AM
    I have owned the orginal iPad (it still works), the new iPad Air, Nexus 7. when I was browsing for phones I had read the for a budget phone Windows gave you a quality phone and a good price. So I got a Lumia 625 PrePaid phone and really liked it. I did get mocked by others because of the limited number of apps, but to me it was suppose to a phone. Also the camera was really good. I love to take photos.

Many months later I got a HTC M8 One with Android on a deal and I really really wanted to stick to Windows. Now after a month of Android I am planning on buying a unlocked Windows phone. Probanly the Lumia 640XL. Seriously this Android drains soo fast and apparently the HTC drop some fancy camera features so yeah I want my Lumia back.

So yeah Microsoft did a good job, keep it up.
    07-08-2015 12:33 AM
    I never had a android or ios.. .. I started with symbian.. And now using windows.. ⌒.⌒:3
    07-08-2015 12:36 AM
    I was an Apple fanboy a few years ago, but got tired of Apple restricting my devices of their full potential. After that I went Android and that worked fine, no complaints there. Along came Microsoft. To be honest everyone at my work (sysadmins) was laughing at the idea of Microsoft phones, but without ever owning one. I got curious and purchased a Lumia 1520 and never looked back. My next phone will definately be a Microsoft phone and my collegues started switching as well :) Why? It just works, it's affordable, and even the lowend devices have a 'snappy' feel to them. Projects as Continuum make it only more promising!
    07-08-2015 01:05 AM
    Well for my case i like the ui & simplicity. hving tiled apps wherein u cn simply customized as per ur needs & not hovering clickin around to get into a specific apps that i need.. Its all in one glance.. Plus yeah.Windows 10 new features. To unite all in 1 regardless what device u use...
    07-08-2015 01:19 AM
    Here's my story;

I am a previous owner of an iPhone 3, and iPhone 4. Just as I was tiring of the same-old-same, Apple was set to reveal the iPhone 5! I couldn't wait! I was SURE that Apple was going to "WOW" with something different! When I saw that the iPhone 5 was just a longer "same-old-same" I was so frustrated I didn't know what to do. At the time, my impression of Android was that it was trying to mimic iOS. My brother had a Cyan Lumia 800. After checking it out and having him walk me through the features, I started keeping up with Windows Phone. WP8 was looming in the near future and I was excited again for something new. I pounced on a white Lumia 920 the moment it became available, and never looked back!

After a couple of years, the camera flash on my 920 stopped working, so I went out and purchased an off contract Lumia 1020. The happiness I've experienced with my Windows Phones spilled over into my owning a Surface 2, and then stepping up to the Surface Pro 3, from which I am currently typing! Over the years I've been paring back my Google usage. I'm "all in" with Microsoft. I've switched from Evernote (Which I loved!) to One Note, from Gmail to Outlook.com and from Google to Bing. My MacBook Pro is relegated to extremely rare usage.

Oh, the power of a phone; Completely shifted my entire ecosystem!

Getting through this dry spell with lack of new phone hardware has been a challenge, but with word starting to get out on the new Windows 10 Mobile devices, it's time to start getting excited all over again!
    Last edited by Darron Smith1; 07-23-2015 at 03:13 AM. Reason: correction
    07-08-2015 02:32 AM
    I was using a HTC Desire on Droid that died so I moved to Galaxy S2 and thought it was amazing, all the possibilities of Android.
    Then it got messy, battery issues, apps crashing, apps incompatible with the current build, new builds not coming to the phone after a certain time as newer phones were the priority and old phones forgotten.

I decided to change to HTC Titan and WP mainly because:
    Xbox - being an Xbox gamer since the original box and owning a 360 this was great.
    Speed & Stability.
    Battery Life.
    Something that looked different to the same old icons on Droid and ios.
    Live Tiles - man they were amazing to actually have info updated and not need to open an app.
    Messaging integration with SMS / Facebook all in one place.
    People Hub.
    Office.
    And I just liked it after playing with it.

Since my Titan I moved onto a 920 and 1520 as my main devices and have a 520 somewhere as a backup device.
    Sad that some of the features that I came to WP for have changed or are not exclusive anymore but I want it to keep going and succeed to lets see what happens with W10 and the next flagships.
    07-08-2015 04:20 AM
    I didn't switch from iPhone to Lumia, I switched from an L925 to an iPhone 6 Plus, and I love it. The iPhone 6 Plus is gorgeous, and I love being able to unlock my device with the touch of my thumb. The cpu in the iPhone is faster than anything available on WP, and I no longer have to put up with an awful "Resuming" message every time I want to perform a task. The battery life on the 6 Plus is better than almost every other flagship on the market, and it easily lasts me two full days. People here complain that the icons on the iPhone are boring, but seriously, who cares. I don't sit and stare at my home screen, I'm too busy enjoying the latest and best apps and games on the market. It feels good knowing that if people are talking about a cool new app that just came out, I can pull out my phone and immediately download it and try it out. When I was using my WP, I was always bummed out that I couldn't download any of the cool new apps, and it made me feel like a second class citizen. Apps like Periscope I'm totally in love with, and I enjoy having all of the apps for the local businesses in my city. Now that I can use my phone to pay for mostly everything with Apple Pay, I couldn't imagine going without it,

If Microsoft would have come out with a flagship months ago when I needed a new phone, I would have definitely bought one, but I'm really glad that I bought my 6 Plus. It's better than Windows Phone in every way. There is no way I would give up all of these awesome apps and games, they are what matters most to me, and probably the general public feels the same way. It's all about the apps.
    07-08-2015 05:42 AM
    Such an obviously spam post.
    Marc Baldry likes this.
    07-08-2015 06:20 AM
    I fell in love with the live tile, the camera quality, the oled screen, the dark theme, the keyboard, the nice system sounds. Comparing my Icon/930 to iPhone I'm confident that I made the right choice.
    07-08-2015 06:38 AM
    So I had the iPhone 6 for a few months and my daughter wanted to get a new phone for Christmas, So I decided to use an upgraded and get the lumia 830. I had the Microsoft Band already syncing with the iPhone 6. I got the lumia and really liked the interface, The lack of apps was frustrating for sure, I was missing a good app for my Hue lights, My credit union, and of the gadgets like AR drone, etc.. even the weather channel app is not as good on the windows phone. The lumia 830 looses connection to the Band and needs to be rebooted about once a day or evey other day, the hue app crashes and looses it connection to the hue hub all the time, just not as stable or as good of an experience. I lasted till about 2 weeks ago from xmas and now im using my daughters old iPhone 5c. All the apps work no rebooting and no crashing. I want to love the windows phone i really do I love my surface pro 3 and my xboxes but just can not get there with their phone.. maybe someday... I have a year worth of payments on the 830 from att so i may switch back and forth
    Marc Baldry likes this.
    07-08-2015 06:52 AM
    iPhone 3 GS > iPhone 5 > iPhone 5S > iPhone 6 > iPhone 6+ >>> still waiting for years for a WP flagship. with Windows 10, a change will be possible.

hope the lumia 940 coming soon. I WANT TO SWITCH
    07-08-2015 07:07 AM
    I actually switched from iPhone to Windows phone a while back, but the main reasons I did so was:
    1) better battery life - my Lumia 928 (now have Lumia Icon) has a much longer battery life than my iPhone did.
    2) live tiles are so much better than plain icons. When I receive a text message or email, I can actually see who it's from on the live tile instead of actually having to pull down the notification screen or entering the app itself.
    3) The Camera - best pictures I've ever taken with a smart phone. It even takes better pictures than my Cannon SureShot 14 MP.
    4) and the MOST IMPORTANT reason - NO ITUNES! I absolutely HATE that in order for me to rearrange my pictures, or add music or videos, to my iPhone, I had to go through iTunes, which is the most cumbersome, painful experience. I can't begin to tell you how many pictures I lost trying to figure that system out. With my Windows Phone, I plug the phone to my computer, open Explorer and navigate to my phone. All of my pictures, videos, music, etc are right there. I can move them around, delete them, add some, sort them, etc., and when I'm done, unplug my phone and complete. BEST experience when it comes to that.
    Donna Gorman1 likes this.
    07-08-2015 07:41 AM
    I like the operating system of the windows phone. It is professional and to my preferences. I did have an iPhone before but when I use it it feels like a toy, a shiny object that I began to dislike. Whenever I use a windows phone I am always satisfied with the OP and love simplicity of the phone. Looking forward to windows phone 10.
    07-08-2015 09:36 AM
    I did not switched from Iphone but from Android (HTC one M8) to a Nokia Lumia 930 (expensive one) and now I regret doing that and feel angry about it:

1. Starting with no voice navigation in my country(WTH?), a feature I so enjoyed on my former phone.
    2. I cannot record voice notes on whatsapp the other person simply dont hear them, call on speaker and the other person cannot hear me.
    3. I found that when my lumia's recording video (using Lumia Camera) on landscape orientation, it captures audio but on portrait it does not. Cortana, speech (voice input in messaging) work just fine.
    4. Shazam does not recognize the song playing, it keeps saying "didn't catch that" and third party voice recorder app does not capture sound too. OneNote also doesn't capture audio.

these are cleary bugs a flagship as the 930 should not have also because of its price, so disappointed at this OS and at me selling my One M8 for this thing.
    07-08-2015 10:38 AM
    I'm sorry, I did not switch from iPhone to Windows phone ... I did the opposite! Why? There's a good question ...
    Everyone at home have a Windows Phone, cause of me. So what happen? My son broke his Lumia 920, so I gived my Lumia 830 to him. When I was looking for a new WP, the only one disponible at Rogers (my provider in Canada) is the Lumia 830. I tried to know if they will have the new Lumia 640 XL, without succes. I hate buying the same phone twice. So, I decided to try the iPhone 6 Plus.

I miss my Windows Phone sooooo much! I do like my iPhone, but not has my Lumia 830.

1- The camera software is good, the the hardware quality sucks!
    2- I miss the notification center
    3- I do have a trillion of billion of apps, much of them are crap. They are free, but too much intrusive. As long as you keep try running free, it pop up messages to try to sell you the Pro version. Even after it pop up something else trying to sell you another app.
    4- I miss the micro SD card extension

So, I 'm gonna keep my iPhone until the upcomming high end phones from Microsoft. At least, the iPhone is an easy phone to sell and for a good price.
    Marc Baldry and Donna Gorman1 like this.
    07-08-2015 11:28 AM
    I'm sorry, I did not switch from iPhone to Windows phone ... I did the opposite! Why? There's a good question ...
    Everyone at home have a Windows Phone, cause of me. So what happen? My son broke his Lumia 920, so I gived my Lumia 830 to him. When I was looking for a new WP, the only one disponible at Rogers (my provider in Canada) is the Lumia 830. I tried to know if they will have the new Lumia 640 XL, without succes. I hate buying the same phone twice. So, I decided to try the iPhone 6 Plus.

I miss my Windows Phone sooooo much! I do like my iPhone, but not has my Lumia 830.

1- The camera software is good, the the hardware quality sucks!
    2- I miss the notification center
    3- I do have a trillion of billion of apps, much of them are crap. They are free, but too much intrusive. As long as you keep try running free, it pop up messages to try to sell you the Pro version. Even after it pop up something else trying to sell you another app.
    4- I miss the micro SD card extension

So, I 'm gonna keep my iPhone until the upcomming high end phones from Microsoft. At least, the iPhone is an easy phone to sell and for a good price.
    No one ask for that one. Stick with the question
    07-08-2015 11:48 AM
    My iPhone got stolen from me while I was at the movies. I had insurance on it and I called my provider, who shall remain nameless (but this was 2011 - you do the math), they told me that it wasn't their problem and I needed to call Apple. So I called Apple and they told me that the provider was a liar and that it was really their problem. Apple also told me that they really hated said provider and wouldn't be helping me out with them. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Windows Phone had been out for about 6 months, I already had an Xbox 360 and a PC - so I jumped on the Windows Phone bandwagon as well. Let me tell you, I have not looked back since. I love my Windows Phone. I love the interface, I love the customization, and - despite what the critics say about lack of apps - I have never found myself wanting for anything I needed. If there was not an "official" app, someone from the community would put one out there. I can't wait to see what the Windows 10 update has in store for Windows Phone and I can't wait for some new flagship devices. My Lumia 920 is 2 years old and I'm anxious to get a new high-end Windows Phone...
    07-08-2015 11:51 AM
    I actually have done the opposite and switched from Lumia to iPhone.

What will bring me back from iPhone is the fact that the OS is kind of annoying in many places and there are some not so obvious/user friendly things you cant pick up on easily.

The fact you are far too controlled and forced to use iTunes to do something as simple as making ringtones...it's ridiculous.

A good OS handicapped by a strict totalitarian mentality(IOS) vs Less restrictive but still conservative in many ways finding itself OS(Windows phone).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2015 01:25 PM
    Thought about replacing my Passport with a Windows Phablet, but I probably won't do it. I did have a Lumia 822 at one time and did not like it, BUT I realize Windows has come a long way since that phone. I just got an iPhone 6 Plus on my other line and that I'm not ready to give up any time soon. That being said I DO like to change it up from time to time so you NEVER know.

The main selling feature for me with the Lumia line is of course that camera!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2015 02:13 PM
    I actually have done the opposite and switched from Lumia to iPhone.

What will bring me back from iPhone is the fact that the OS is kind of annoying in many places and there are some not so obvious/user friendly things you cant pick up on easily.

The fact you are far too controlled and forced to use iTunes to do something as simple as making ringtones...it's ridiculous.

A good OS handicapped by a strict totalitarian mentality(IOS) vs Less restrictive but still conservative in many ways finding itself OS(Windows phone).
    Check out the Zedge app. It's available for iOS as well as Windows Phone and Android. It has some great ringtones.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    07-08-2015 02:18 PM
67 123