04-13-2016 04:41 AM
67 123
    I've never owned an iPhone but I avoid them like the plague. I bought my son an iPad and it needed bank account details to access the store. He couldn't even check out free apps without me logging in. You have to remember to log out when you've finished and watch him while he's using the store. Was so glad when he smashed it.
    07-08-2015 03:43 PM
    I did not switched from Iphone but from Android (HTC one M8) to a Nokia Lumia 930 (expensive one) and now I regret doing that and feel angry about it:

1. Starting with no voice navigation in my country(WTH?), a feature I so enjoyed on my former phone.
    2. I cannot record voice notes on whatsapp the other person simply dont hear them, call on speaker and the other person cannot hear me.
    3. I found that when my lumia's recording video (using Lumia Camera) on landscape orientation, it captures audio but on portrait it does not. Cortana, speech (voice input in messaging) work just fine.
    4. Shazam does not recognize the song playing, it keeps saying "didn't catch that" and third party voice recorder app does not capture sound too. OneNote also doesn't capture audio.

these are cleary bugs a flagship as the 930 should not have also because of its price, so disappointed at this OS and at me selling my One M8 for this thing.
    Have you tried Windows 10 technical preview for phone? A lot of things have changed. At this point, you should get it a try :)
    07-08-2015 08:24 PM
    I did answer the question ... in a future tense. Read again point 1 to 4.
    07-09-2015 10:51 AM
    No one ask for that one. Stick with the question
    I did answer the question ... in a future tense. Read again point 1 to 4.
    07-09-2015 10:53 AM
    I have been an Apple user for years but changed 4 months ago. For me it was using a lot of the Microsoft apps on the ipad and seeing how good they were, this challenged my views a bit. I started using them more, and then decided the laptop my work give me (windows 7 but error filled) to see if i could get it running, installed windows 10 and was amazed at its speed and stability (i could use it to do stuff which was a massive improvment of my experince of windows 7!). I then started looking at the phones, desiring to reduce the cost of my contract, i got a lumia 535 (dropped from 36 PM to 12.50!) and love that phone. SUre its not got the best specs but it runs great and no real lag on it either.
    07-09-2015 12:42 PM
    Check out the Zedge app. It's available for iOS as well as Windows Phone and Android. It has some great ringtones.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

While Zedge DOES work on iOS it requires the use of iTunes and you must install an iTunes add on that makes it work. It's not as seamless as it is with other platforms.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-09-2015 12:54 PM
    Well heres my story. I started from the original iphone and switched to the HTC HD7 when windows phone 7 came out. Than later I switched to a Galaxy S4 (wanted wp8 but tmobile wasn't carrying any good ones). Now that the 640xl is out, I came back to wp and sold the junkdroid galaxy s4. Im loving it so far.
    07-09-2015 08:41 PM
    Since windows phone 7 series came out:

2009-2010: iPhone 3GS
    2010-2012- HTC HD7
    2012- HTC Titan 2
    2012-2014- Lumia 920
    2014- LG G2
    2014-2015- iPhone 5s
    2015- iPhone 6 plus

Finally found the platform I like with iOS. I miss windows phonebut they don't stick to a plan. Family room is gone, people hub is gone, when my Titan 2 was 6 months old was promised to get 7.8, still hasn't received it. Windows phone 7 devices do not get Windows phone 8, just like Windows phone/mobile 6.5 didn't get Windows phone 7.

Before Apple music, there was this great service called Zune. It was better than iTunes, they changed the name, the software and turned it into a cluster****, now it is called groove or something.

The new calendar and Mail apps in Windows 10 mobile suck, it isn't the clean interface and doesn't offer anything that iPhone or android offers... Nothing unique. You can't even post to Facebook without the app which is rarely updated on Windows phone anymore. They said that Facebook took access away, yet iOS can still do it. No thanks... This is why I went from a Lumia to an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-09-2015 10:41 PM
    I switched to have a platform for developing and testing windows apps.
    horseybob likes this.
    07-10-2015 07:28 AM
    Uhm, because the "i" is small and the "L" is big.
    Artt LaFlamme and ArrowQueen like this.
    07-10-2015 07:43 AM
    There are a few reasons why I went from Apple to Microsoft mobile, and comically there are a few rasons why I still have an ipad. However, I'll start with the reasons for hopping to Microsoft:

First off, Apple's price tag is overabundantly ridiculous for a device whose updates are extremely minimal. Over the past few years, Apple has gone from innovator to imitator, with moves such as the Watch and the larger body of phone being nothing more than an attempt to match the market rather than lead it. Because of this practice, the last few "innovations" have been lackluster and, in summary, silly. surely, Apple had the whole home sharing card for a while, but they haven't done anything to expand upon it. Microsoft, on the other hand, is very early in its mobility life cycle, but rather than it being a race to catch up, Microsoft seems to be more focused on its own future, with things such as the hololens and Xbox continuity across all devices, This feels like a more natural route to take for someone who wants to access all of their files across all hardware at once.

Now, granted, I will state that I do have an iPad, because of the lack of apps, and because there are apps that I use that are only available on iOs or Droid. Now I understand that there is a project underway that intends on consolidating the different app stores to provide a unified app and program experience, and when that comes to completion, this will likely change. However, we need to get there first.
    ArrowQueen likes this.
    07-12-2015 06:49 PM
    How rude.

I liked his story.
    07-16-2015 11:00 PM
    I never switched, didn't even try iPhone :)
    10-05-2015 07:54 AM
    I'm the opposite,
    After 6 years of wp, I finally had it!!
    Went with IPHONE6plus! Why?
    All this new LUMIA coming out are downgrade from my shattered 1520 which btw MSFT,att,assurion discontinued!! They didn't leave any choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 10:43 AM
    Breath of fresh air for me! I had been using iPhone for 6 years!
    10-07-2015 02:09 PM
    I'm trying to see what W10M is all about so I got the Lumia 550 to just test it out. Been using windows mobile on Compaq iPAQ and such dell devices before and then abandoned the platform until now. I use both OS X and Windows on a daily basis, but have been an iPhone user since the iPhone 3g came out. I currently have an iPhone 6s as my daily driver. Until now.... almost... I felt that to make a good comparison the 550 was underpowered and slow, so I got me a 950 too! The 950 is a pleasant experience and using it feels very familiar. I also use a windows 10 Surface Pro 2 daily, as well as windows 10 in a vm on my MBPr. But although the 950 feels good it lacks in apps. I kinda thought it wouldn't, and I still feel that its more cluttered and hard to find my way around the phone when having to do things quickly, even as a daily windows 10 user.

So for now I'm always carrying 2 phones around with me until I feel confident I won't be missing anything I use often on my iPhone, like my app for expenses, a scheduling app from work I have to use, App for Phillips Hue lights at home, my favorite coffe house member and discount app, official nespresso app to order coffee, Apple music, which I find superior to Groove mostly for the recommended music and curated playlists, apple wallet, is there a supported similar mechanism for W10m?, my bank doesn't have a w10m app either and I do all my mobile banking on my phone...

But I like the groove/onedrive integration streaming my music from onedrive even on my iPhone, photos too. And I got the Microsoft wireless display adapter to use with a Bluetooth keyboard and wireless continuum, which works ok. Just ok cause of the wireless mouse refresh rate I believe. Have to try a wired dock too...

So so far I haven't really switched, just kind of.... I'm going to keep my iPhone handy too, but try to replace it as much as possible to find out where w10m is heading and see if its something I as an it consultant can recommend to customers.
    04-11-2016 07:28 AM
    I switched 3 years ago from android, from iPhone. I ditched IPhone once I figured out the hype is just that, hype. OSX is NOT easier and better to use than windows, IOS is boring and childish, and Apple as a company is the evil empire. I sold all my apple gear save for my sons ipad, which used to be mine. Great for him 9 years old, has autism so the childish OS is easy to use for him and the apps available for people with autism are great. Other than that it all went out the door for a big loss. I was close to going back to android, but since the trade in deal came in, We are getting two new 950s. They better get their you know what in gear and start pushing w10m, and get all the software sorted.
    04-13-2016 04:41 AM
67 123