Google Trolling WP Users?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, you have read my comment again before post.

Let me make it more clear
First do you know that IE for WP uses iOS7 and Android 4.0 as its user agent to get full HTML5 features. It means IE can fool websites. As website think WP as Android or iOS device.
Which already been said by noersetiawan. But I think you haven't read that.

Now tell he how can this make Google a troll as OP is suggesting and you are are supporting.

and now the second part
If Google and many other websites do that. Doesn't that means there is problem in IE not the other websites as IE uses different user agent and websites think this as Android and iOS device yet website do not work properly.
It clearly means that problem is in IE not websites and it's actually MS fault not to build a good browser.
Example: View attachment 108432
Microsoft has gotten better, but IE has long been non-compliant with W3C standards. Web developers used to have to code their sites two ways: one for IE, and one for all other browsers that met W3C standards. I know this, since I took a web development course in college.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has gotten better, but IE has long been non-compliant with W3C standards. Web developers used to have to code their sites two ways: one for IE, and one for all other browsers that met W3C standards. I know this, since I took a web development course in college.

Thanks, I didn't that.
Just out of curiosity - Edge(spartan) have met W3C standards?

ndutznul

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I wanna add something error or fishy on gmail.
When i setting up my gmail on 640xl, google read it there an access for my gmail with lumia 625, gosh i though there someone try to open my mail illegally.
Yeah i ever have a 625, but it was long time ago.
With TS complain, now i know there a reason for it.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Actually, you have read my comment again before post.

Let me make it more clear
First do you know that IE for WP uses iOS7 and Android 4.0 as its user agent to get full HTML5 features. It means IE can fool websites. As website think WP as Android or iOS device.
Which already been said by noersetiawan. But I think you haven't read that.

Now tell he how can this make Google a troll as OP is suggesting and you are are supporting.

and now the second part
If Google and many other websites do that. Doesn't that means there is problem in IE not the other websites as IE uses different user agent and websites think this as Android and iOS device yet website do not work properly.
It clearly means that problem is in IE not websites and it's actually MS fault not to build a good browser.
Example: View attachment 108432

YOU are apparently the one that doesn't read, you literally just repeated everything I said originally, and since I hate repeating myself, I'm no longer replying to you on this topic =/

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a lot has happened since I last checked. Thanks for the info. Keep in mind that the thread title had a "?" in it and u/noersetiawan pretty much answered it.

that-escalated-quickly-will-ferrell.jpg

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has gotten better, but IE has long been non-compliant with W3C standards. Web developers used to have to code their sites two ways: one for IE, and one for all other browsers that met W3C standards.

That hasn't really been the case since IE9. MS rewrote the rendering engine at that point to be HTML 5 compliant. HTML 5 was still a draft spec at that stage but IE has continued to be refined.

IE on WP is a bit different though, it isn't the full desktop rendering engine. That's where Edge should even things out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise