So called Cord cutting sucks

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My TV died two days ago(7/23) and I wont get another from the insurance till maybe Friday(7/31) at best. I have Uverse 450, Netflix, and Hulu plus. Since my TV died I can only watch Netflix, Hulu plus, stuff I download, and crappy streaming services. I'm using my Surface RT and a DVI to micro HDMI cable to hook it up to a spare monitor. This freaking sucks because I love to channel surf and DVR stuff. I could use IE to watch HBOGO, Shotime anytime, or MaxGo in my browser using my Uverse account, but it's not the same.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
This is the same issue I have with cord cutting. I love being able to just sit down and channel surf without having to worry about which service has what show. Maybe someday it will be easier, but right now, I'll keep my expensive cable.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol cord cutting should only be an option when you're low on cash and shouldn't be using/buying things that are above your budget. Otherwise, it isn't wise to change, just because others are doing it

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I cut the cord over 10 years ago. The reason was that I was paying for TV service that I rarely used. Other than sports, I never watched weekly shows. I saw more movies at cinema. It wasn't due to lack of money, but due to preferring to spend money on other things I actually used.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I cut the cord over 10 years ago. The reason was that I was paying for TV service that I rarely used. Other than sports, I never watched weekly shows. I saw more movies at cinema. It wasn't due to lack of money, but due to preferring to spend money on other things I actually used.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Indeed, that is another great reason to do it :)

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Having sports fanatics, and children in our household, No cord cutting for us. If it was just my wife and I, no issue with just going with online streaming services. I just bought a roku and it is actually awesome. However, there is no treehouse tv, or Sportsnet. There is NHL, but you have to buy the 100 dollar subscripton ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo