The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-26-2015 10:02 AM
29 12
tools
    I want to know if you guys prefer apple or microsoft i am sure most of you will say microsoft but still i just want to know.THANKS!!!!!!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Carlos002 likes this.
    07-25-2015 01:08 PM
    One reason why I do not like Apple is because it's too expensive. So I never had an Apple.
    Last edited by Harrie-S; 07-25-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    ven07, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    07-25-2015 01:37 PM
    Apple 🍎 for sure 😊
    ven07 likes this.
    07-25-2015 01:39 PM
    Microsoft fo life! Apple lacks on features and when they do have features chances are you're going to pay for it😁
    07-25-2015 01:43 PM
    With Apple you always have and to this day continue to have a consistent and simple consumer friendly ecosystem...

Microsoft's consumer ecosystem is pretty fragmented and all over the place right now, but with all these changes coming we are starting to see a more consistent and consumer friendly Microsoft similar to Apple, which is why I'll stick around Microsoft's residence for the foreseeable future
    07-25-2015 02:01 PM
    MS :) but if for some reason, I ever have to leave, I'll be joining the iSheep ranks :p Sometimes conformity wins lol
    libra89 likes this.
    07-25-2015 02:02 PM
    Microsoft. If apple is the only game left I will go back to wired phones in my house and smoke signals. I went the apple route once, spent a crap load of money on 2 iphones, 2 ipads, a powermac and 27" cinema monitor, only to unload everything 3 months later because it was the crappiest os system I have ever used. DOS was a better OS.

Microsoft for everything I use now, besides my nav/overlanding tablet. That needed to be android because of the mapping app I use.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-29-2015 04:50 AM
    "once" seems like a long time ago? honestly the price is the only issue I have with IOS, but otherwise I think they've come a long way
    08-01-2015 11:37 PM
    Linux! Why not?
    Use Apple depending the In Life you live!
    As a developer, someone would say: Grab a Mac! I know! But I don't have a Mac! I run Windows and I develop in Windows! And what! It's not the branding the one that defines it's more the condition you take! So, I know you asked Apple or Windows! Grab Linux, if you like to code or develo grab Linux!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-02-2015 12:05 AM
    I have a mac mini and a icon. I got the mac mini because I didn't like using windows 8 on my desktop. Tried the win 10 preview for several builds in a vm and liked it. Currently looking for a win 7 / 8 machine to update for the desktop. Gonna keep the mini for a plex server. Ive had both worlds but I like the way win 10 is going so I'm going to vote Microsoft unless apple pulls a rabbit out their duff.
    08-02-2015 12:46 PM
    I really like both. And I use both. If I had to choose one, it probably would be Apple, because of their design mostly.
    08-10-2015 10:11 PM
    I want to know if you guys prefer apple or microsoft i am sure most of you will say microsoft but still i just want to know.THANKS!!!!!!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Disposable ipad hardware after 3yrs your Apple is done.

ipad 1= useless...
    08-10-2015 10:50 PM
    I have never been able to justify the Apple expense to myself. Never tried an iPad, but I get it... Just a bigger screen version of the same OS as the iPhone.

I did, once, get a used iPhone 3S just to see what all the fuss is about. I trialed iOS 5 and 6 on it. It bored me. Sorry, that's the plain truth of it. I can't say it didn't work, but it felt like I was spelling "COW' with those alphabet blocks you give to toddlers. And all those Apps, so what? I mean, really I don't use many Apps at all.

Mind you this was before I ever tried a Windows Phone 8 device...

I've never tried Mac OS. Not even curious if the price of entry is that high. I simply refuse to believe it is somehow that much "better." If it were, they would have the market share to prove it.
    rhapdog likes this.
    08-17-2015 02:49 PM
    I simply refuse to believe it is somehow that much "better." If it were, they would have the market share to prove it.
    I'm very surprised you say this, considering you're a WP fan!
    08-17-2015 04:08 PM
    Always Microsoft
    08-17-2015 04:13 PM
    I'm very surprised you say this, considering you're a WP fan!
    You just factored the price out of my equation... End computation no longer valid.
    rhapdog likes this.
    08-17-2015 05:08 PM
    You just factored the price out of my equation... End computation no longer valid.
    True.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-17-2015 05:50 PM
    Apple or Microsoft. Hmm.. As far as phones go, I'll keep the one with the personal assistant that is actually capable of assisting me best and is actually more personal.

Cortana vs. Siri
    cortana_vs_siri.jpg
    08-17-2015 10:10 PM
    I have never been able to justify the Apple expense to myself. Never tried an iPad, but I get it... Just a bigger screen version of the same OS as the iPhone.

I did, once, get a used iPhone 3S just to see what all the fuss is about. I trialed iOS 5 and 6 on it. It bored me. Sorry, that's the plain truth of it. I can't say it didn't work, but it felt like I was spelling "COW' with those alphabet blocks you give to toddlers. And all those Apps, so what? I mean, really I don't use many Apps at all.

Mind you this was before I ever tried a Windows Phone 8 device...

I've never tried Mac OS. Not even curious if the price of entry is that high. I simply refuse to believe it is somehow that much "better." If it were, they would have the market share to prove it.
    It's not, it's all status.
    08-17-2015 10:14 PM
    True.
    I've been thinking about this, and the more I think about it the more confused I become. I understand your point about Macs not gaining market share because they're priced higher than their value, but I'm not sure how factoring price out of the equation hurts your point. On the contrary, Macs' high prices justify their low market share. They are highly profitable after all, in spite of relatively low sales.

Or am I totally misunderstanding you? Would you please explain in simple terms?
    Last edited by tgp; 08-17-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    08-17-2015 10:35 PM
    Would you please explain in simple terms?
    I can't see how the price reflects they are that much value added of an improvement.

I factor price into decisions everyday. Many do, no matter the income level they have. My wife is always telling me to get something and I say "Not for that price, it's not worth it." She shakes her head and says we can afford it. I realize we can, but the price dejustifies the purchase, disqualifies it from my consideration.

I like apples, I even like the Honeycrisp variety. But when I look at the price of a Honeycrisp next to a nice Fuji. I'll take the Fuji most any time. The Honeycrisp tastes good, but not better enough to justify that extra cost in my mind. It's overvalued.

Apple computing products are like that for me. The price itself is a huge negative that I can not find enough positives to justify. When people are buying apples, how many of them get Honeycrisps week in and week out?

It's not solely the price, it isn't penny pinching. It's about not feeling like I've been duped by the price of admission. Apple looks like a sucker punch to the wallet from that perspective.

My original statement:
    You then cut out the deal about price:
    I simply refuse to believe it is somehow that much "better." If it were, they would have the market share to prove it.
    And then tried to equate it with Windows Phone. I find Windows Phone does deliver excellent value for the money. I don't feel like I was ripped off. I don't see where the extra expense for Apple products benefits me... You state they make such a nice profit despite low volume. Perfect. That is where the extra money goes, to Apple. Not into enhancing the product for me, but to enhance the profit for them. That's not a criteria I value. And it seems to be the Apple way. "Buy our stuff because we make more profit off our devices than anyone else." O... K... Some may not care about that, but I do.

You can understand or not, but what you can't do is remove one of my major criteria and then try and fault my decision making.
    tgp likes this.
    08-17-2015 11:38 PM
    I follow you, partways. I can buy this:

But you lose me here:

I find Windows Phone does deliver excellent value for the money.
    Mac and WP have one common feature: a very low market share. If Windows Phone delivered excellent value for the money, then by your own logic "they would have the market share to prove it.", wouldn't they? Why does lack of market share prove that Apple's products aren't worth the price, but it doesn't apply to WP?

I just don't see your logic here. The rest I can understand. You don't like Apple products, and they're expensive. Great! You have 2 excellent reasons to leave them alone. But by your own logic (lack of market share) WP's cost to value ratio isn't worth it, and yet you feel you get excellent value for the money.

In a nutshell, you use lack of market share to prove that Apple's products are overpriced, but yet lack of market share evidently doesn't mean that WPs are overpriced. Shouldn't WP be considered overpriced as well?

This proves that it boils down to your personal preference, nothing more. And that's fine; I have no problem with that. But you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. THAT'S what I have a problem with!
    08-17-2015 11:55 PM
    You're really stretching to make your point. I never said it was anything other than my personal choice. I also never linked market share to "better" directly, you did that on your own.

In context, my original statement links market share only to my personal decision tree as ancillary justification, not primary motive.
    tgp likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:54 PM
    I also never linked market share to "better" directly, you did that on your own.
    Huh? You did precisely that! What does this mean then?

In context, my original statement links market share only to my personal decision tree as ancillary justification, not primary motive.
    Nice word salad!

Anyway, I'm out!
    08-19-2015 01:14 PM
    Microsoft
    08-19-2015 01:29 PM
29 12