Apple or Microsoft

princeton211

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I want to know if you guys prefer apple or microsoft i am sure most of you will say microsoft but still i just want to know.THANKS!!!!!!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
One reason why I do not like Apple is because it's too expensive. So I never had an Apple.

Last edited:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
With Apple you always have and to this day continue to have a consistent and simple consumer friendly ecosystem...

Microsoft's consumer ecosystem is pretty fragmented and all over the place right now, but with all these changes coming we are starting to see a more consistent and consumer friendly Microsoft similar to Apple, which is why I'll stick around Microsoft's residence for the foreseeable future

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
MS :) but if for some reason, I ever have to leave, I'll be joining the iSheep ranks :p Sometimes conformity wins lol

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft. If apple is the only game left I will go back to wired phones in my house and smoke signals. I went the apple route once, spent a crap load of money on 2 iphones, 2 ipads, a powermac and 27" cinema monitor, only to unload everything 3 months later because it was the crappiest os system I have ever used. DOS was a better OS.

Microsoft for everything I use now, besides my nav/overlanding tablet. That needed to be android because of the mapping app I use.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
"once" seems like a long time ago? honestly the price is the only issue I have with IOS, but otherwise I think they've come a long way

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Linux! Why not?
Use Apple depending the In Life you live!
As a developer, someone would say: Grab a Mac! I know! But I don't have a Mac! I run Windows and I develop in Windows! And what! It's not the branding the one that defines it's more the condition you take! So, I know you asked Apple or Windows! Grab Linux, if you like to code or develo grab Linux!

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a mac mini and a icon. I got the mac mini because I didn't like using windows 8 on my desktop. Tried the win 10 preview for several builds in a vm and liked it. Currently looking for a win 7 / 8 machine to update for the desktop. Gonna keep the mini for a plex server. Ive had both worlds but I like the way win 10 is going so I'm going to vote Microsoft unless apple pulls a rabbit out their duff.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have never been able to justify the Apple expense to myself. Never tried an iPad, but I get it... Just a bigger screen version of the same OS as the iPhone.

I did, once, get a used iPhone 3S just to see what all the fuss is about. I trialed iOS 5 and 6 on it. It bored me. Sorry, that's the plain truth of it. I can't say it didn't work, but it felt like I was spelling "COW' with those alphabet blocks you give to toddlers. And all those Apps, so what? I mean, really I don't use many Apps at all.

Mind you this was before I ever tried a Windows Phone 8 device...

I've never tried Mac OS. Not even curious if the price of entry is that high. I simply refuse to believe it is somehow that much "better." If it were, they would have the market share to prove it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple or Microsoft. Hmm.. As far as phones go, I'll keep the one with the personal assistant that is actually capable of assisting me best and is actually more personal.

Cortana vs. Siri
Cortana_vs_Siri.jpg

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have never been able to justify the Apple expense to myself. Never tried an iPad, but I get it... Just a bigger screen version of the same OS as the iPhone.

I did, once, get a used iPhone 3S just to see what all the fuss is about. I trialed iOS 5 and 6 on it. It bored me. Sorry, that's the plain truth of it. I can't say it didn't work, but it felt like I was spelling "COW' with those alphabet blocks you give to toddlers. And all those Apps, so what? I mean, really I don't use many Apps at all.

Mind you this was before I ever tried a Windows Phone 8 device...

I've never tried Mac OS. Not even curious if the price of entry is that high. I simply refuse to believe it is somehow that much "better." If it were, they would have the market share to prove it.

It's not, it's all status.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You just factored the price out of my equation... End computation no longer valid.
True.

I've been thinking about this, and the more I think about it the more confused I become. I understand your point about Macs not gaining market share because they're priced higher than their value, but I'm not sure how factoring price out of the equation hurts your point. On the contrary, Macs' high prices justify their low market share. They are highly profitable after all, in spite of relatively low sales.

Or am I totally misunderstanding you? Would you please explain in simple terms? :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb