BOYCOTT - The Verge

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I use to enjoy checking "The Verge's" site for new updates years ago and really before it was called the The Verge.

Nowadays tho I can't really stand reading their articles. They so clearly pit themselves against Microsoft products and find every way to make Apple sound better, but even worse....

What put me over the edge was a pathetic "article" I read on their site the other day right around the Windows 10 launch, actually I would not call it an article as it had no proper structure, supporting facts or valid consumer information, it was a BLOG or personal diary piece. Where an editor of theirs tells the overly personal side of his life and how a year 2000 iPod click wheel device made him a MAC ****** for life, followed by stupidity First Click: Thanks Microsoft, but the Windows to my life have all closed | The Verge

I just don't understand why sites seem to be posting so many personalize write ups, thinking people want to read that instead of hard news articles or proper reviews...

The Verge is dead to me and I recommend any readers to think hard about their viewership to The Verge as well.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its his opinion, and in fact seems to be more of an editorial than any kind of official take on Windows or anything in particular so what's the problem?

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Personal view like that discourage people from using Windows . I hate it too when writer chooses to "share" their personal opinion without proper analytics .

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I saw that as well.. It was full of his opinion.. But what has been in good is that tom waren covers Microsoft and he opens commenting for his article.. And only Microsoft's article gets comments.. An article without public opinion is dumb..

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Personal view like that discourage people from using Windows . I hate it too when writer chooses to "share" their personal opinion without proper analytics .

And the timing of the article was bad... It was published just before windows 10 was released, as if they wanted the people not to install windows..

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
No matter if it is considered an editorial or what not its bases-less, fact-less and a gross misuse for a headline article on what is considered a tech news site.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I disagree :) while there are many that blindly follow the suggestions of others, there are also many that make up their own mind

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If an article is labeled as an editorial, it isn't a problem. It is odd that I didn't see it marked as an editorial anywhere.

I have never liked the Verge. It has always appeared to show biases and questionable reporting. I gather most of my technology news from arstechnica.com, they at least seem to hold themselves to a journalistic standard.

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I disagree :) while there are many that blindly follow the suggestions of others, there are also many that make up their own mind

Before I buy a product , I always look for the review , the opinions of people who used them . Common users would do the same or worse , buying it anyway . And with article like that from a famous tech site , The Verge , people would see it as "bad" and hesitate . Of course that is just "some" people but you know , rumors spread fast ( example : IE is bad and Chrome rules all mindset )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786