Have I Ever Mentioned How TERRIBLE iMacs Are???

Paul Stoner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
So, sure, Apple makes fancy things, and yes they are very pricey, but for cripes sake!

I repair and maintain PC's and peripherals off to the side, and have a diverse customer base. This one customer, however, hung on to their old PC for over 7 years...and it finally died. So instead of the wife and husband talking about a new purchase, the wife gets pissed off and goes out and buys a top-end iMac. The husband calls me to set everything up and transfer all the data from the PC's hard drives to the Mac. No problem, right?

So amongst them arguing over this almost $2000 purchase, and me fussing through this god-awful interface that is FAR from intuitive, let alone annoying as all hell with a trillion prompts for an administrator password, I finally got everything going. It wasn't lack of knowledge, it was just how cumbersome it was to use the damned thing.

Not to mention I sided with the husband that they should have gotten one of those nice all-in-one HP 23" desktops instead and upgraded it to Windows 10 - would have set them back $700 or so instead of $2000 and they would have gotten touch-screen...

What a flipping nightmare...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05