Should we ask Microsoft for an Android phone already?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
One can't really help but read all the headlines lately and wonder how easy would it be for Microsoft to actually make and sell an Android phone!
Think about it they already have all their apps on Android in a more polished form.
They're investing heavily in acquiring companies that make Android apps or services (mind you iOS apps as well)
They have long been rumored to be in talks with CM for an acquisition.
The latest CM news claims that Cortana might actually launch in future builds of CM with deep level integrations.

Would it be far fetched to think that Microsoft will launch an Android device?

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
While we're at it, let's ask the Ford Motor Company when they plan on releasing the new Camaro. My point is, Microsoft would fare better remaining as a software company if the mobile hardware entity fails. Releasing a Microsoft-branded phone with the Android OS will unleash the wrath of Google.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
While we're at it, let's ask the Ford Motor Company when they plan on releasing the new Camaro. My point is, Microsoft would fare better remaining as a software company if the mobile hardware entity fails. Releasing a Microsoft-branded phone with the Android OS will unleash the wrath of Google.
Don't you think the wrath of Google is already upon us? Google have yet to open up to WM/WP in anyway, it would seem like its an "if the mountain wouldn't come to Muhammed" kind of issue, and I can't see any fault in it, I've seen how in love people got with Nokia X,XL in my country as being Nokias but Androids too!!! if those had the Play Store you can bet your life they would've not stopped selling as Nokia's reputation was still too great.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd say no. There are already so many different Android OEMs. What would distinguish a Microsoft Android device from the myriad other Android devices available?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Any "flagship" phone these days has a camera that is good enough for nearly anybody.

Windows 10 isn't even out yet. Beta builds are all we've seen. Are we that anxious to call it a failure and move on to a world of Android??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss