Anyone use PayPal?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm planning to use PayPal. Already created an account and going to verify it.
But I had no credit card and have no plan to have one.

I'm living in Indonesia. I have a bank account. Can I use it instead?

Do PayPal has ability to withdraw money from my account without my permission (like how bank charge monthly expense)

Is there any other important information I need to know?

Yeah PayPal not yet popular here and I'm doing some research even now. If you have any experience please share with me

Thanks

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the bank, but the fastest and surest way is using credit card to verify PayPal. If you just want to send money you can do that while still having unverified status, however if you want to withdraw to your bank account or credit card, you need to get it verified.

PayPal won't charge from your bank account, and they also can't add funds to PayPal balance from bank account, it will directly charged to credit card. Yes there are some important information you need to know, if you run a large business, you need PayPal Premium so you can receive payment from credit card for lower fees, PayPal Personal only allows you to receive from PayPal payment for free, credit card payment are charged higher.

PayPal are really popular, since there is no disadvantage of having a credit card, I can't see a reason why you don't want it.

Short answer: Yes, you can use PayPal to send money even without credit card.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmm so some bank mag get accepted.

I'll do more research later.

And for credit card. There is a additional expense was ridiculous here. I Don't Even have job since I'm still a student. My money come from irregular interval and credit card isn't wise for me

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
One main reason to add a credit card to PayPal is to have a verified account. Many sellers will refuse to accept payment from buyers whose accounts are not verified.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hmm so some bank mag get accepted.

I'll do more research later.

And for credit card. There is a additional expense was ridiculous here. I Don't Even have job since I'm still a student. My money come from irregular interval and credit card isn't wise for me

Here is a trick for student, use 3rd party service. You need to buy a VCC, it's cheap around $10 or less, just google around. And make sure when you buy a VCC it can be used to verify PayPal, consult with your seller. Then after your account get verified, you can buy PayPal balance, usually VCC seller provides this service as well. They receive payment from you using bank transfer, and then they will send you the money to your PayPal account using PayPal payment method.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the local retailers here.

It's about 5$ or so (79 IDR to be exact. Not sure the current exchange rate). It can be used for 1 year

Before I'm purchase the VCC let me confirmed something.

What are the different between VCC and Real one?

Thanks

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I got the local retailers here.

It's about 5$ or so (79 IDR to be exact. Not sure the current exchange rate). It can be used for 1 year

Before I'm purchase the VCC let me confirmed something.

What are the different between VCC and Real one?

Thanks

VCC is, as you can guess, virtual, it has no physical card so you can only use it for online transaction. It is actually a security measure, so VCC has limitation, it could be transaction, or balance, or time limitation.

For example, I want to buy something on internet, but worrying that probably it's a fraud, or my computer could be hijacked, anyway, I don't want to input my actual credit card number. Then, I call my bank, tell them I need a VCC (each bank has their own name for that) that has balance like $2 for example, and can only be used once. My bank will give me a new credit card number, it's legal and all, and there is no way for anyone to tell if that number is a real card or just a VCC.

So I put my new VCC to buy the things I need, without actually using my real card. Or if you give me $10, I'll give my VCC to you so you can verify PayPal.

Note that I don't know how those VCC seller get their seemingly unlimited VCC, I've only told you the legal way I know of. Also there are some website like Entropay (VISA) or Bancore (MasterCard) that can give you free VCC after you top up the card using bank transfer or credit/debit card, with a small fee each top up.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Kay I'll set everything when my game migration process is complete.

Going to take advantage over in game cash purchase system that offer no extra prices with PayPal hohohoho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos