Has MS ever Compensated you for Bad Service?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well they erroneously banned my Bing Rewards account once.

Got it reinstated a few days later and got 50 bonus credits out of it.

I had a randomly rebooting 830 that I shipped back - they just did what I did (recovery tool) and shipped it back. Didn't fix it naturally, so I tried again with some more information and got a refurbished unit which fixed it. They footed the shipping bill ultimately so I'm not complaining too much.

Otherwise I haven't really seen poor service yet. (also considering the OneDrive thing hasn't taken effect)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got an email offering free Skype calls due to the Skype outage last month, but it doesn't affect me, since I don't even use Skype for calls.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the best customer service ever from Microsoft when my xbox 360 went bad years back,(although it was they're fault from known issue at the time).Guy came to the house,collected my console and bought it back a week later.I didn't have to do anything

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I preordered my 1020 from Microsoft's online store. It never shipped on the release date so I canceled my order and drove to the Microsoft store to buy it. A few days later I got an email from them telling me sorry about my order and they gave me a $150 promo code for my troubles. I could only use it online and and I couldn't use it to buy a phone. I just finally used it for the band 2, haha. I had that code since 2013 and it was still valid.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I preordered my 1020 from Microsoft's online store. It never shipped on the release date so I canceled my order and drove to the Microsoft store to buy it. A few days later I got an email from them telling me sorry about my order and they gave me a $150 promo code for my troubles. I could only use it online and and I couldn't use it to buy a phone. I just finally used it for the band 2, haha. I had that code since 2013 and it was still valid.

man, for a moment I thought this post just came out of a time machine, wow.

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Recently my xo controlle sticks broke cantacted support they ask to send the controller back to them to get a new one free shipping included

Posted via the Windows Central App for Lagdroid

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
The only time I've ever contacted MS Customer Service was way back when my newish XBox 360 started the Red Ring of Death. MS told me to pound sand.

So I'm going to have to go with... no, they have never compensated me for what I perceived as bad service.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My Xbox one that a purchased a couple weeks after launch died... They gave mw a free game of my choice for the trouble...

They cancled my preorder for rare replay... I called them ans they reordered it ans I got it on launch day... They apologized... Then a few weeks later had $30 credit with them. No real reason i can think of...

Had my first band replaced due to the clasp, they gave me another screen protector and moved my complete warranty up to the new date... My surface pro 3 died, so I got a new one and a mother screen protector...

So far... So good...

On a side note... Att did not ship my wireless charger with my 920 and had not information of when I would ship... So they sent me $300 set of beats wireless headset, a mophie external battery, and at phone stylus, lol! That was a win for sure.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Skype, was told that I will get 60 minutes after an outage that never happened!?

No....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa