HP's Star Wars Theme for Windows - Files linked

Richard Larocque

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Have you found a way to install the .exe files onto your Surface pro 3 and get them working yet? I have the Surface 3 and will be looking for a way and attempting to install. Thank you greatly for these files!

YukiMatsuda

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure... I took all I found in the folder on the laptop. If there were more, they must have been in another place...

Hello there man, you are a champ for posting these files and keeping the link up to date. I appreciate it soooo much.
I actually have the limited edition Star Wars notebook, but I was a dolt and I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows on it thinking that reinstalling the command center using the installer from HP's website would also replace the sound/image/icon files ... wrong, apparently!

So if you could, would you be able to tell me the file paths for where exactly you took these files from, so I can put them back where they belong and actually use the command center properly again? I would hugely appreciate it.

Edit: I found it! It took me waaaay longer than I care to admit, but I found them and put them back.
For anyone else in my predicament, they're supposed to go in C:\ProgramData\HP\SpecialEdition. If the previous copy of Windows you had installed had command center functioning, then you should be able to go into windows.old and find the exact files still there, to save you from downloading them all again.

Last edited:

iamjimjam

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi YukiMatsuda,

Thanks for posting this, I followed your instructions and added the files to C:\ProgramData\HP\SpecialEdition, but Star Wars Command Center still throws the same error. ' This system is not supported'

Any advice on how to get it working?

Thanks!

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello there man, you are a champ for posting these files and keeping the link up to date. I appreciate it soooo much.
I actually have the limited edition Star Wars notebook, but I was a dolt and I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows on it thinking that reinstalling the command center using the installer from HP's website would also replace the sound/image/icon files ... wrong, apparently!

So if you could, would you be able to tell me the file paths for where exactly you took these files from, so I can put them back where they belong and actually use the command center properly again? I would hugely appreciate it.

Edit: I found it! It took me waaaay longer than I care to admit, but I found them and put them back.
For anyone else in my predicament, they're supposed to go in C:\ProgramData\HP\SpecialEdition. If the previous copy of Windows you had installed had command center functioning, then you should be able to go into windows.old and find the exact files still there, to save you from downloading them all again.

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Thanks for updating. I don't have access to the computer I got the files from...

brianchris

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
True or false: for those of us that have installed Windows 10 fresh onto this HP Star Wars Special Edition laptop, there is no way to restore the complete Star Wars Windows theme (screensaver, rotating wallpapers, sounds, etc. etc.), even *with* those linked files and/or the files from the original install of Windows. Is that correct?

I have tried to determine that myself by reading all the posts in this thread (multiple times), but I still can't tell what the final verdict is here on that. I am sorry if I have missed something obvious, and thank you in advance for your assistance!

CautionusJay

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
True or false: for those of us that have installed Windows 10 fresh onto this HP Star Wars Special Edition laptop, there is no way to restore the complete Star Wars Windows theme (screensaver, rotating wallpapers, sounds, etc. etc.), even *with* those linked files and/or the files from the original install of Windows. Is that correct?

I have tried to determine that myself by reading all the posts in this thread (multiple times), but I still can't tell what the final verdict is here on that. I am sorry if I have missed something obvious, and thank you in advance for your assistance!
I'm in the same predicament here I got a Star Wars laptop from eBay w/o an OS well for the life of me I can't find out how to bring these things back. Sure got my Wi-Fi and BT functions back but I want this Star Wars theme too. One Drive link doesn't even exist. Can't find the files. I'm stuck idk what to do

CautionusJay

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Check your inbox. I sent you a bill. ;)
Hey man, I am in a predicament here, I need a new link of these files, your OneDrive link is obsolete, I bought a HP Star Wars laptop on eBay w/o an OS I installed Windows 10 back, Star Wars Command Center says "This system is not supported.", and I need these files to fix it. Please link me them files.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@CautionusJay This thread is from 5 years ago, so I'm highly doubtful you are going to get a response. I would suggest also checking with the forums over on the xda-developers.com. forums too. 👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05