Really Disappointed in Microsoft - Lost all contacts

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm really disappointed in Microsoft. I had all my contacts synced to my email address.

I woke up this morning and looked at my phone and all my contacts were gone. All. Gone. From the phone and when I checked on the browser.

The only thing new I did was switch from 8.1 to 10m on a 640 last night. However, everything was fine when I swapped, everything synced. How is it possible that all my contacts were just deleted overnight. This was very frustrating!

Luckily for me, last month I did a manual back up and had a .csv file stored. I imported that and it was all good again ( of course except for the contacts I added within the last month)

This is really really poor. There Is nothing I could have done that allowed alllllllll my contacts to be deleted...

/end rant

STXVI

May 10, 2013
Visit site
No something is up on Microsoft servers. My contacts just disappeared before my eyes. This has nothing to do with your upgrade.

I just checked people.live.com and the page is unavailable. So something is definitely happening with MS servers.

Last edited:

ww1083333

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Happened with me on 640xl when I upgraded to 10686.. Did everything I could.. At last tried hard reset and all contacts came back... So u should reset to get them back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire