Old school gaming

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My personal favorite was Battle City in those "family computers", with the Tank xx versions in the 9999 games variants. Too bad they're pretty hard to find these days.

I still have one of those handheld "brick games", which can be bought now for a whopping $0.25 here.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. My grandfather and I used to play Battle City from Level 1 all the way up to Level 300+, each of using having more than 4,000,000 in points. Of course it took us from 11PM to around 5:30AM to reach that, but sadly we had to end the game so we could sleep by shooting the Eagle. If only memory cards and home generators were that common before (of course there were no memory cards back then).

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Old school?

Pokemon maybe? There is few selection on store but all really make me feels old

For PC there's still ragnarok online, not sure how but the development process on that game still happen. And work with any version of windows

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite computer games of all time is a test adventure game called McMurphy's Mansion, but I did like video games with actual graphics, Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, Warcraft 2. So many hours of a misspent youth. :winktongue:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How about Rebel Moon Rising? It had a level, I think it was Level 13, which I couldn't finish - kept running out of oxygen just before I could reach the exit. So.... I hacked the game, giving myself unlimited oxygen. Of course, I gave myself infinite ammo, changed the amount of damage each weapon had, disarmed the enemies, etc. The hacks made the game even more interesting; the physics wasn't as good as it is now, but almost 20 years ago it was fun. I was in Grade 3... indeed, hours of misspent youth. :wink:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Back in my day, it was cap-guns, spud-guns and my mother yelling at me for commando-crawling in my school uniform.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Back in my day, it was cap-guns, spud-guns and my mother yelling at me for commando-crawling in my school uniform.

Ah, yes! Shot someone in the leg, and then in the face with one of those eight-shot revolver cap guns. Well, he spat on my face first, so I fought slimy liquid with a few grams of gun powder. He was alright. :wink:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Awe how sweet... I was testing if a remote controlled car would stand up to a M80 (driving down the road, then BOOM) and the effect a cherry bomb has a empty beer bottle....very fun an interesting stuff..

Then I got an Atari 2600.... I think Mom thought at least I was not blowing stuff up :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon