Big scare yesterday / relief this morning

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Last night I suddenly realized I didn't know where my phone was.

Began searching the house and the car I drove yesterday.

No luck.

I had been 3 places and could clearly remember having the phone as I went to the 3rd place but wasn't too sure about when I left there.

Last I could remember it was in the pocket of my jacket.

Quadruple checked jacket -- no phone.

Searched the car in the dark and didn't find it.

Later we got the bright idea to call the phone --- no phone ringing.

This morning I grabbed my Surface Pro and tried to log into my bank accounts.

Oh oh ---- said username / password invalid !!!! :( :( :(

Oh my gawd someone has cleaned that account out.

Fortunately, I am in the process of changing banks and only had a few hundred left in that bank ... but still.

So I ran to the computer room and fired up this desktop and logged into the bank in question and all was well ==== whew!!! :) :) :)

Money was still there.

Something seems to have happened to the tablet that has messed up the password ... somehow.

My owner uses it all day now since the laptop I had her using died .... but I'm not blaming her.

Nope

So then I went out to the car again and found it in the back seat floorboard. I had reached back there last night but missed it.

So all is well now.

But it left me cursing myself because many times I have seen the menu item in Settings for " Find my Phone " and just ignored it because < I > would certainly never lose that phone.

Of course not.

Well I made a Word file of that page and have it posted in the center of the desktop on the desktop now for the next time my dumbazz loses the phone.

I read the instructions and now I know what to do and how to do it.

It seems Microsoft is very good to us and gives us a way to lock / erase our phone and shut it down from any place where we can reach Microsoft on the Internet.

Just a word of warning

EVERYONE SHOULD LOOK UP THOSE DIRECTIONS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAVED / PRINTED OUT SO THEY CAN FIND THEM WHEN THEY NEED THEM.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05