04-05-2016 10:56 AM
317 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Windows 10 Mobile will be open source to just OEMs, not full open source, just enough to differentiate the look/feel of windows across different OEMs
    JohnStrk, matejm1994 and hd256 like this.
    02-19-2016 08:11 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile will be open source to just OEMs, not full open source, just enough to differentiate the look/feel of windows across different OEMs
    Might as well. .NET is open source.
    02-19-2016 10:10 PM
    How about a Generic Windows 10 Mobile ROM Installer ? You download it on S7,Mi5,iphone 6s etc and it will install Windows 10 Mobile on the phone. Wont it be Mind Blowing?
    02-19-2016 11:41 PM
    Evleaks seems to be backtracking now. I have a feeling that things have been blown out of proportion, and that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.
    In what ways has he backtracked? Did he tweet something to indicate that he backtracked? Dan Rubino had said it has to do with the platform and not some sort of hardware. The only thing that would be mind blown for me are an influx of all popular apps.
    02-19-2016 11:58 PM
    In what ways has he backtracked? Did he tweet something to indicate that he backtracked? Dan Rubino had said it has to do with the platform and not some sort of hardware. The only thing that would be mind blown for me are an influx of all popular apps.
    Someone asked him if he had any more info in a tweet. He said no, followed by something like "and I'm surprised that so many people took it as a precursor to a leak". (referring to his original tweet).
    That's open to interpretation I suppose. He could be backtracking, in that there's not really much to say, or he could be saying that there is something, but he's not going to leak it.
    Maybe what he was referring to was Paul Thurrot coming out with an article saying Windows Mobile wasn't dead. That pretty much blew my mind!
    02-20-2016 04:13 AM
    Saving tiles layout.. So we don't have to rearrange it every time..
    JohnStrk likes this.
    02-20-2016 04:52 AM
    I hate to ruin the surprise...
    It is improved Continuum. One that allows Xbox to use Windows Mobile Continuum as a second screen. The Xbox one controller can now pair with Windows Mobile. Now with an Xbox One and Continuum WM device, you can play a two person game on two separate independent screens.(Expandability for up to 4 WM/Screens to follow)

Btw: I think some of the other ideas in this thread have an asterisk mark on them from Microsoft.
    Last edited by CSJr1; 02-20-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    02-20-2016 09:21 AM
    Someone asked him if he had any more info in a tweet. He said no, followed by something like "and I'm surprised that so many people took it as a precursor to a leak". (referring to his original tweet).
    That's open to interpretation I suppose. He could be backtracking, in that there's not really much to say, or he could be saying that there is something, but he's not going to leak it.
    Maybe what he was referring to was Paul Thurrot coming out with an article saying Windows Mobile wasn't dead. That pretty much blew my mind!
    Yeah, why would anyone interpret a tweet from a guy who leaks things on twitter for a living to be a leak or precursor to a leak. I'll give Evan credit for some quality leaks over the years, but man does he sure act like an @$$.
    02-20-2016 09:50 AM
    Evleaks seems to be backtracking now. I have a feeling that things have been blown out of proportion, and that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.
    There has been some smoke by others as well that I think there is something to it and he just doesn't want to say to much. Maybe he is backtracking from the "Something that will blow your mind" part a little but I think it is still significant. Brad Sams and Thurrot went from "Windows Mobile is Dead" to Windows Mobile is not dead over the last week or two and Rubino as indicated that something is coming as well. It seems to be more software related from things that each have said or at least not hardware related. Sams also mentioned something about expecting the Surface phone to happen but it would be from multiple vendors. This seemed to be unrelated to the other info he had that he said we was sitting on for now.

Long story short, I expect there to be something major next week and was big enough to have a few people that were ready to give up on Windows Mobile rethinking its complete demise at least.
    fatclue_98 and Rem97 like this.
    02-20-2016 10:21 AM
    Edge S7W is the most likely candidate. Samsung is already doing w10 tablets and there's no particular reason I know of for them to solely support android on smaller screens, so why not?

ETA: Except I see on reddit Dan said he hadn't heard of a samsung phone, so it's not that. oh well
    02-20-2016 01:57 PM
    I've also placed my bets on Galaxy S7. But if you say it isn't likely then LG G5 would be the next candidate.

As EvLeaks hinted it is nothing Microsoft related, and it is more exciting than HP there isn't much more left. I think HTC One M10 wouldn't be such a huge surprise after M8...
    02-20-2016 04:05 PM
    I figured it out, it's VVM support for Dual SIM phones!! That is mind blowing lol (Latest build at least shows it in Phone app even though it doesn't work due to known issues).
    02-20-2016 05:17 PM
    I've also placed my bets on Galaxy S7. But if you say it isn't likely then LG G5 would be the next candidate.

As EvLeaks hinted it is nothing Microsoft related, and it is more exciting than HP there isn't much more left. I think HTC One M10 wouldn't be such a huge surprise after M8...
    I've seen several rumors about HTC having a phone coming out so I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. I doubt this was the blow your mind info though because indications I've seen seem to point to something not hardware related. At least I hope so. Really hoping for something app related.
    02-20-2016 08:33 PM
    redstone update for old phones
    02-21-2016 08:48 AM
    redstone update for old phones
    Too soon, wait a month or two.
    02-21-2016 09:15 AM
    Windows Central is calling the HP Elite x3 "jaw dropping", which is clearly a few steps below "mind blowing". So that means we're still in for bigger news, right? Right?!!
    02-21-2016 12:21 PM
    So, the hp elite x3 was the mind blowing thing... Or not?
    02-21-2016 05:04 PM
    Not. It's too ugly, too big, doesn't have glance, a wimpy excuse for a camera and it has Windows 10. Those are all the strikes against it I need to see.
    02-21-2016 05:43 PM
    What it in the world do people qualify as "jaw dropping" and "mind blowing"? These days, it apparently takes very little. Sort like winning the Nobel Peace prize....all you have to do is show up and kiss the right ring.
    02-21-2016 05:45 PM
    So, the hp elite x3 was the mind blowing thing... Or not?
    Not likely, but the partnership details that were raised in the article including the 30 corporations under non-disclosures looking to buy the phone in bulk is very interesting indeed. Kind of makes you wonder if that whole going after businesses idea really was more than just a line in a speech. That could be very big for the platform if all those companies follow through. The comments about running Win32 apps through the cloud was impressive as well. Some interesting things going on with that phone.
    02-21-2016 06:38 PM
    It's been nearly a week since evLeaks made the statement. I don't think even they know what's mind blowing. Probably something like virtualized desktop support like what's HP is offering with their X3 phone. Big whoop. Next please.
    02-21-2016 07:24 PM
    It's been nearly a week since evLeaks made the statement. I don't think even they know what's mind blowing. Probably something like virtualized desktop support like what's HP is offering with their X3 phone. Big whoop. Next please.
    Except evLeaks said "don't be ridiculous" when asking if the HP phone was the mind blown. Besides, there's nothing mind blown about remote desktop on a phone. No one knows what's going on right now with what evLeak and Dan know (and probably Mary Jo Foley too). It's possible tomorrow we'll know or have to wait until Build 2016 at end of March.
    midnightfrolic likes this.
    02-21-2016 10:00 PM
    What it in the world do people qualify as "jaw dropping" and "mind blowing"? These days, it apparently takes very little. Sort like winning the Nobel Peace prize....all you have to do is show up and kiss the right ring.
    The fact you spend so much time posting here but not have any hope for Windows 10 Mobile?

Also the double wasn't necessary, you could have kept your bitter rant in one single post.
    Allan Cantillo M and libra89 like this.
    02-21-2016 11:13 PM
    As a network admin who drags his users kicking and screaming onto the bleeding edge (I wish)... I am very interested to see what this virtualization of legacy apps to run on a Windows Mobile device turns out to be. I'm certain it will be more than simply running the Remote Desktop app connected to a Windows machine where the software is actually installed.
    02-21-2016 11:18 PM
    Meanwhile I feel like it's the night before Christmas. I just hope to wake up tomorrow and find out that Santa is real!
    02-21-2016 11:19 PM
317 ... 89101112 ...