"Something that will blow your mind" what do you think this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Leakers quickly lose any credibility when they throw superlatives around like 'blow your mind' or 'sexy as hell' <-- remember that little gem used to describe the pre-leaked 950/950XL?

Microsoft doesn't have a very good track record for blowing anyone's mind lately. It's a pretty low bar they have set for themselves.

HoloLens was pretty cool.

cruisezero

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
This is just me speculating like everyone else.
Some possible things I can think of:
1. Annoucement about multiple OEMs creating highend phone hardware (HTC, Samsung, etc)
2. Xbox streaming to phones and vice versa.
3. Redstone update feature updates.
4. Something to with Steam. (added)

What would I like to see (wishlist):
1. Better Skype integration like iMessage.
2. Moar top tier UWA annoucement.
3. Better Music and Video services (Groove improvement in terms of family plan availablity)
4. Xbox One Lite (disc less)
5. Hololens FOV expanded to cover the entire lens.
6. Introduction to MS wallet payment system.
7. MS Auto continuum feature for Automobiles (partner with Toyota/Honda/Ford etc).

Edit: Just additional thoughts on new premium phone feature; a pico projector with support for continuum.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hehe I love all these crazy complex lists you guys are making.

You know MS buying Steam or bringing UWP steam to the platform would be the biggest thing. Gaming is where the money is. MS knows it. And having all these games easily converted to UWP would be phenomenal. It's a big win for developers especially if they implement features of the platform. A person is more likely to purchase a game if it will run across all their devices. It's really about MS figuring out how to make it easy to get it on mobile. Graphics aren't an issue if you ever run asphalt 8 on your phone, you know there's a lot possible. Obviously games automatically detect best settings as well. But yah that wouldn't just be mind blowing, it would make history hehe.

DarthJay38

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
For me the kicker is that it's mind-blowing for the "Windows faithful". What's the one thing we have universally complained about for years? It's not the hardware, it's not the buggy new OS...it's the lack of apps. If Microsoft has FINALLY done something apart from ignoring the situation, then it WILL be mind blowing. If they are announcing a major player, like Google, playing nice with MS -- or actual adoption of porting iOS and Android apps to MS - that would be huge for us "Windows faithful" folk.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, all these people wishing for Chrome. That's the last thing I care about for Windows 10. Firefox would definitely be welcome though.

Anyway, speculating is useless, and we have too little to go on. Let's just wait for more info. "Mind-blowing" could very well just be exaggerated for the sake of attention.

Asgardi

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
MS open sourcing Android Bridge would be smart. All legal issues solved, as it would be XDA-developers providing that capability, not MS ;)

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of these possible things
1. Intel announcing SoC for Windows 10 Mobile (MS and Intel partnership imminent)
2. Windows 10 Mobile going Open Source
3. Availability of highly anticipated but not necessarily useful apps coming to W10 Mobile platform.
4. LG and Samsung announce Windows 10 Mobile phones on 22nd Feb in MWC.
5. MS abandons ARM and supports only Intel

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Respectfully and very strongly disagree! Faster definitely but in NO WAY does either the 950 or XL take better photos.

One of the top reasons i owned a Lumia was for camera supremacy... MS has killed that by removing and crippling Lumia camera for the lame MS camera.

And what is more, this is a HUGE reason to NOT upgrade to Windows 10 mobile, until they fix this and bring back
Raw support

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: &quot;Something that will blow your mind&quot; what do you think this could be

Didn't I blow your mind this time, didn't I? The Delfonics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium