"Something that will blow your mind" what do you think this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Respectfully and very strongly disagree! Faster definitely but in NO WAY does either the 950 or XL take better photos.

One of the top reasons i owned a Lumia was for camera supremacy... MS has killed that by removing and crippling Lumia camera for the lame MS camera.

I'll respectfully disagree with you! :) I own/use both the 1020 and the 950. Crop-zooming aside, the 950 wins in most situations. Mayby I'll do some side by side.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
And I respectfully disagree with YOU and agree with CincyKid. The very first thing I did was comparisons between my 1020 and my tremendous waste of money that is the 950. The 1020 beat it in everything but speed. Even the sound on the video was better! So, no, there's no universe where I recommend to ANYONE the 950.

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
And I respectfully disagree with YOU and agree with CincyKid. The very first thing I did was comparisons between my 1020 and my tremendous waste of money that is the 950. The 1020 beat it in everything but speed. Even the sound on the video was better! So, no, there's no universe where I recommend to ANYONE the 950.

Comparing 40 megapixels to 20 megapixels is a huge difference, but the camera that is in the 950 is the same as the 930, Icon, and 1520, which is still a great camera.

mikhail-el

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Comparing 40 megapixels to 20 megapixels is a huge difference, but the camera that is in the 950 is the same as the 930, Icon, and 1520, which is still a great camera.

Let's face it: I think it's quite clear Microsoft is no longer interested in the Lumia line. The 950/XL may have the current specs but with an unoptimised OS and a build quality that cannot even match a Lumia 1520 or 1020, I am only interested in buying a Surface phone. If I have to deviate from the path, I would go get a Jolla or Sailfish OS phone. Turing?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My opinion...

I think MS will announce and offer a finalized version of ten for all eligible mobile devices.
Then announce partnerships with 10 or 15 new (and old) device makers who may be able to drive and benefit from Windows on the phone.
MS may even subsidize other hardware makers to keep pushing the platform up this slippery "10 degree" incline.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
"Mind blowing" reminds me of things like:
"Buy now and save"
"Free with the purchase of..."
"Order in the next fifteen minutes and we'll include..."
"For a limited time only!"
"The best new series of the this season!" (when the show hasn't even been on yet)
"Voted number one by people like you"
"5 star rating!"
"Hurry before offer ends"
"Closing our doors forever!"
"...but wait!...that's not all!"

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Let's face it: I think it's quite clear Microsoft is no longer interested in the Lumia line. The 950/XL may have the current specs but with an unoptimised OS and a build quality that cannot even match a Lumia 1520 or 1020, I am only interested in buying a Surface phone. If I have to deviate from the path, I would go get a Jolla or Sailfish OS phone. Turing?

Holy crap. Can people stop acting like no flagship has ever been plastic? The Samsung Galaxy SIII, probably the best selling phone of the last 5 years was made from plastic. Yes, this phone could have had an aluminum border or any other number of things, but the plastic back allows for removable battery and MicroSD cards.

The OS complaints should be null and void now that build .107 has been released to all phones.

Matteo M

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
and probably you should do your test again, since they improved a lot the rendering (especially for low light)?

Is not the same camera except for the megapixels, by the same logic you would say that the Iphone 6 had the same camera of the 3 years older iphone 4s, right?

Joel Zerpa

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
That they fired to Satya Nadella, Joe Belfiore and Gabe Aul and Microsoft resumed their style and you promote your products because while Satya Nadella this there Microsoft is going to ruin

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Best selling phone in the last five years is definitely an iPhone lol..

To act like the SIII wasn't up in that category would be fairly ignorant. Android would not be what it is today without Samsung and specifically the SIII. After it launched, I saw more people with the SIII than I did with iPhone's. It took Android from the "I'm a rebel category" of phone ownership (like Windows Phone has been for the last few years), to the largest Phone OS market share it is now. Doing a quick search, it appears to have sold upwards of 50 million SIII's, which is obviously a huge number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb